cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain after surgery

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Pain after surgery

Glad to hear that your pain is subsiding. Your herceptin results do sound a little complicated but they are being looked at by an expert so try not to worry. (As if!!)

Enjoy your Christmas and all the best for the 6th Jan.

I would be interested to know what they say about the herceptin.....
Highlighted

Pain has subsided a lot since having the dressings removed! Wonder if I'd had a reaction to them or they were too tight, but definitely feeling better and managing to stay off the pain killers which is great as I felt like a zombie on them! The surgeon said of the 2 nodes removed it was in both so doing a full clearance on 6th January but on the plus side she had cleared it all from the breast 🙂 there was one worrying thing though...the herceptin results...she couldn't interpret them, she said I was a complicated case as I'd tested both positive and negative so my case has been passed on to a higher oncologist to decide best way forward. X
Highlighted

Hi marie. Sorry to hear that you need to have further treatment...are they going to operate? If so have they given you a date?

Do you still have the pain? And what did they say about it at your 'results' appt.

I had some pain/burning/itching around my scars after my op. They GP gave me some mild steroid cream which helped.....they told me it was a slight reaction to the adhesive from the dressing - there is often a bit of residue left behind - and we're often fearful of soaking the area too much when we bathe//shower.
The BCN also said to use lots of E45 cream to help .......
Hope it is better anyway.
Highlighted

Thank you x results showed it's spread to the lymph nodes so further treatment 😞 x
Highlighted

Thank you..had the results, I've got to have more surgery 😞 x
Highlighted

Good luck for Tuesday x
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. My BCN seems to have a lot of holidays so very difficult to get hold of her....pain is still pretty bad, more of a burning sensation, similar to joggers nipple! I'm back tues for the results so I'll they and grin and bare it till then x
Highlighted

I also had a breast reduction on my left breast three weeks ago following removal of a 3cm tumour. I have to say the first few days it was very uncomfortable even with pain relief, although after a week I no longer needed to take painkillers. It might help to speak to your BCN if the medication is not helping. Unfortunately I was unlucky and I now have have a mx because of unclear margins. I am now waiting for an appointment with the plastic surgeon. Hope all goes well for you, there are other ladies on this forum who have had the same procedure as us, whose surgery was sucessful and they needed no other surgery.x

Highlighted

Hi Mariecay

If you would like to give our helpline a ring they'll be only too happy to talk to you about your concerns.  Lines are open today until 2pm and then Mon-Fri 9-5 (Sat 10-2)  Calls are free 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted

Pain after surgery

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone could offer any advise. I was diagnosed 5/11/13 with grade 3 idc. I had surgery on 2/12/11 to not only remove the tumour but also a breast reduction as I have rather large breasts (right breast to be done in a year or so) i also had a few nodes taken to be tested....I'm awaiting results 17/12/13. I can't seem to find any info about anyone having a similar op, as I am still in a considerable amount if pain, to which pain killers don't seem to be touching! I was wondering if this was normal and if so how long should I expect it to last? Thank you x