Pain in Lymph nodes

Hi  Everyone,

I’m hoping someone might be able to help.

Ever since I started tamoxifen (nearly two years ago) I have had pain in the opposite armpit and boob to my surgery side.  I’ve been back to the consultants numerous times and am told everything is fine.

Just recently I think I pulled something on my surgery side and several lymph nodes ached in my neck, collarbone and down my arm.  The opposite side armpit is very achy again. I know we’re told that cancer doesn’t hurt but that was the only symptom I had when diagnosed.

This constant ache does worry me and is a permanent reminder. I had lymphovascular invasion in the lumps which were treated with surgery, axillary clearance, chemo and rads.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences? 

Thank you for reading.

J xx

Hi Bas_B, 

I am sorry that you are going through this painful time and I am sure some of our users will be along some to offer some support and share their experiences. 

In the meantime please do call ourhelpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the aching you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi J,

I only just saw your post.  Are you any closer to getting an answer.  I have exactly the same as you.  I have been to the GP many times, I was even referred back to the surgeon who said it was nothing.  Mine started last November and it is just getting worse.  It started off as a ‘pinch’ feeling, and now it is the whole armpit (pain) and travels down to my elbow and forearm.  My GP has referred me for nerve testing, but I know it’s not nerve pain as I suffer badly with that on my right (affected) side, my new symptoms are all on the left (opposite) side.

Pain was also the symptom that led to the original diagnoses.

Please let me know how you get on, I will post when I have news too.

S.

XX

Yes I have had similar. I think I overdid it a bit and had similar pains i woke up this morning to a swollen left breast. I have a very good doctor who saw me this morning. I had full examination and its def excess fluid from my lymphnodes that have been struggling to clear it. He put me on a course of anti biotics
See your gp and put your mind at rest
I knew I couldntgo thru another weekend worrying
I feel so much better now just having it checked :heart: