Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in breast and indentation

5 REPLIES 5
photomum82

Re: Pain in breast and indentation

Just a little update....

Went to the gp. She had a quick examination poking and prodding at both breasts. She said she can feel a nodule where the indentation is and another at the top of my breast. Also said she can feel a couple at the top of my other breast. Said she thinks is fibroadenoma. She is putting me forward for a scan just to be safe and said I should get it in around two weeks. I asked her if I should be worried and she said no as she thinks whatever it is, she thinks it is benign.

She said not to be worried but I can't help it. What if she is wrong? They can be wrong, can't they? Anyone had fibroadenoma including an indentation? She also thinks that the overnight change in my breasts making them two different sizes is hormonal.
photomum82

Many thanks for your reply keeks. I didn't even know until a few days ago that it was a sign. I mentioned it to my mum and she told me. I'm not even sure how I feel about it right now. It's scary but then I'm thinking, no, that won't happen to me. I don't know why I think it won't as I had a large tumour removed when I was a teenager so if that can happen then so can this. I just hope the doctor takes me seriously tomorrow when I go. I'm trying not to talk too much about it to my partner which is why I joined here. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for good news. Hopefully I won't have too long to wait.
keeks

Hi photomum82

sorry I can't help with the numbness but my best friend noticed a dimple in her breast a few years ago. She saw it when she got out of the shower.  It disappeared after a few days but when she mentioned it to her husband he insisted she visit the doctor.

Unfortunately it was cancer. I don't write this to worry you but ANY CHANGE in your breast should be checked out. Most of these things are nothing, just normal changes,  thickening, cysts but you need to find out what has caused it, even if the pain is not as bad I would still get it checked out. Piece of mind is worth the effort.

take care

Keeks

photomum82

I also forgot to mention the numbness. 2 days ago it was just at the bottom where the dimple is but this morning it is now numb on more than half my breast. I could prod it with a needle and not feel a thing. This is maybe a good sign as I haven't heard anywhere that it is a sign of BC. Anyone experienced numbness?
Sam_BCC

Hi photomum82

Firstly welcome to the forums, it sounds like you're having a difficult time at the moment.  I'm sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their support and experiences. 

In the meantime if you would like to talk things through do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share any concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines will be open again tomorrow and are usually available weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.  

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

photomum82

Pain in breast and indentation

I am 31 and two weeks ago, i noticed a difference in the size of my breasts. Thought i was imagining it but then my partner commented on how one of them seemed to be bigger than the other. A few days after that, i started experiencing pain in my breast running from the side, down to underneath (in the smaller breast). If i lifted up my arms, it felt like my skin was tearing at the bottom. Like it was too tight. I took painkillers to ease the pain but it hardly helped. The pain stayed like that for about a week until Friday. I was doing another check, looking for bruising or any other reason to why i felt so sore and lifted my arms up. Now where i was experiencing the ripping pain, there is a very noticeable dimple. My breast at the bottom now dips in the middle. It's like something is pulling it up from inside. I actually took pictures to look at it properly. Now, it is beside an old scar of 9 years from a breast reduction so could it be caused all of a sudden from old scar tissue? Also, at the top of my nipple, I'm sure there's kind of a dip. Not sure if that was there before. I am going to the doctors at the start of the week to get it checked out. I planned on going Friday morning but was so busy i said i would put it off and go next week if i was still sore. Now with the dimple, i think i really should get it checked. Anyone had this kind of thing and had nothing wrong?