Pain in breast

Hello all
Im new to this site and very impressed with the ammount of support on here ;O) x
I have had breast pain for several months but was just fobbed off by gp saying its just hormonal because im 43 yrs old .
After persisting i eventually got a referral and consultant booked me in for a mammo and ultrasound next week
I have best way to discribe it a long hard lump (feels like its fixed deep to maybe chest wall) and i have also noticed a dent where the lump is 4 oclock lower quadrant. Any advise plz xxx

Hi Bluefrog and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and help you will soon have here, please feel free to call our helpline to talk any concerns over, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday on 0808 800 6000

You may find the BCC publication ‘Your breast clinic referral’ useful and you can access it here along with other support ideas and information:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=promo\_content&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Hi Bluefrog

Welcome to the forum and I am so that you have found yourself here however, this is the best possible place for you to be. Please do not google anything, just stick with this website and the MacMillan website.

Unfortunately, without the mammogram and a byopsy, you will be unable to tell what the lump is, but please bear in mind at 9 out of 10 lumps (I think, or is it 8 out of 10) are benign.

With my lump, I had no pain and certainly no other symptoms. I am 42 an was diagnosed with a Grade 3 invasive breast cancer. I had my lumpectomy 2 weeks ago and received my results today - Clear margins and no node involvement.

The waiting is the hardest part, you will be taken to the darkest places in your own mind, but please keep yourself busy and rely on the help and kindness of your friends and family.

Take care
Martha xx

Hi Bluefrog
Being in the ‘waiting room’ is the hardest part and its natural to think the worst. As Martha has said avoid Google, you’ll end up diagnosing yourself with all sorts!!
Good luck with your appointment. Don’t be afraid to ask for an opinion on the day, as if you have a biopsy you will be back in the ‘waiting room’ waiting for your results.
sending positive thoughts your way xxx
Emma xx