Pain in forefinger and thumb

Hi
I finished chemo on 29th Nov. I started with 3 x FEC on 29/8 every 2 weeks then one Taxotere which put me in hospital for two weeks after neutropenia, infection and blood transfusions… after that I had 6 taxols…now on radiation.

I have pain in my forefingr and thumb (both hands) and started when my hands were stretchedonly now this morning my right hand is sore without stretching…Im tried, nauses and Im just over it and al treatment and being ill continually…now this

Has anyone else had it and if so did it go away…Im a legal secretary and was hoing to go back to work in March

Thanks for listening to whinge
Shelley

Hi Shelley, you’re not whinging at all. I had four FEC and four TAX, finished at the end of last May. The Tax really knocked me about and I blamed it for painful hands, pins and needles, numbness in my fingers. My job involves sitting with a headset on, asking people lots of questions about how they’re coping and typing a casenote straight on to the computer. I warned them at work I wouldn’t be as quick as I was before and they have told me to just take my time. Having said that, my hands were a lot better when I returned to work. The trouble is, I’ve just started taking exemestane, an AI, and I’m getting aches and pains all over, especially in my hands. The pain woke me up this morning and you wouldn’t believe how many mistakes I’ve made just typing this that I’ve had to correct. So, sorry, I’m not being any help except, yes it did go away but it came back again but for a different reason.

Hi Sheirma - its nerve damage - i had carpal tunnel surgery before chemo and the pain came back but did go again. try putting frozen peas on your wrists a few times to reduce imflammation there and there exercises on you tube tht will help - it SHOULD go in time x