cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in left breast and frightened

5 REPLIES 5
Sherbetdip

Re: Pain in left breast and frightened

Thank you. I'm hoping it will all prove to be nothing. Really appreciate your words of reassurance. xx
Sherbetdip

Thanks Pat - yes, Google is Evil!!! I've tried to just keep busy today and not poke around too much. Trying to stay positive - no other symptoms so that's good so far. I will try and get a telephone appt with my dr tomorrow and take it from there. Thanks so much for the reassurance. xx
jh16

I had exactly the same, even managed to find a slight "ridge". Got a referral to clinic but it was 3 weeks away and as I'm lucky enough to have private health got in straight away. Turned out to be nothing, had mammograms and ultrasound. Was a fatty lump and the pain was purely hormonal. Suggested taking star flower tablets. It has improved greatly since. Try not to worry too much.
Trisha_51

Hello Sherbertdip, please be reassured that there is no need for you to cut short your holiday. Most changes to the breast turn out to be nothing sinister. Even if, and it's a big if, there was something amiss a few weeks in this game makes little or no difference. Is it possible for you to contact your GP tomorrow and get an appointment for as soon as you get home? Please stay away from Dr Google, you' ll only set your imagination racing and frighten yourself to death. Best wishes, take care and try not to worry too much, I know, easier said than done. Pat x
Jo_BCC

Hi sherbetdip,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for information and wonderful support from your fellow forum users, who have a wealth of knowledge and experience between them.  Our helpline team are also just a free phone call away to offer that added support both practically and emotionally.  As it's the Bank Holiday today our helpline is closed but open again tomorrow morning at 9am - 5pm (weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2) 0808 800 6000.  As I am sure your fellow forum users will advise, it will be sensible to go and see your GP when you get back home as any changes to the breasts need checking out.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Sherbetdip

Pain in left breast and frightened

I've had a pain where my left breast meets my armpit since last Monday. In usually get breast pain in the second half of my cycle but this started at the beginning of my cycle. I thought I might have pulled a muscle but it has got worse. It is a stinging, burning pain. There isn't a lump but the area feels thicker and different to the other breast. No redness, dimpling or discharge. I am on holiday and worried sick and wondering if I should cut my holiday short to go see my doctor. Of course today is bank holiday Monday so I can't even speak to a doctor on the phone. I am really frightened. I've read IBC can cause burning pain but without a lump. Anyone with advice or reassurance?