Pain in ribs/abdomen after mx

I keep getting painful “lines” running down from my mx scar, down into my ribs/abdomen. It’s like cording - I had a little of that in my underarm from the SNB but it went away and I believe that’s caused by lymph fluid anyway, so why would it be starting under my scar? It is not really painful unless I reach up for something - then it really pulls - and it seems to come and go. I have healed really well apart from that and didnt have any swelling, my drains were removed on the fourth day and apart from the bit nearest my underarm, the scar has completely closed up.
Has anyone else experienced this and do you know what it is?
Thanks,
Blue

Hi BlueRose,

Sorry you haven’t had any replies as yet, but I’m sure someone will be along soon to help you. In the meantime, could I suggest you give our helpline a ring and have a chat with one of the staff here. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon -Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care

Jo, Facilitator

Thanks Jo.
Nobody else then?!

Hi BlueRose,
I’ve had the same and I was told by my physio that it’s part of the cording and will eventually go. She said keeping up with the stretching exercises will help. I had my mx on Dec 11 and it does seem to be slowly getting better.
Jackie

Hi Blue rose, just seen your post. I had a mastectomy and LD flapreconstruction with implant on the 11th Jan, and I have a lump and pain, just below my bra line feels like it is on my bottom rib about 1 to 2 inches. It does move around when prodded and is painfuL again when prodded, I thought it is probably fluid build up I will mention to my consultant on Thursday… Is this the same as yours do you think? or has anyone else experienced this. Itdefinitely was not there before the op. Hope you contine to make good progress. X

I also have pain in my reduced right rib place. It first began about 6 several weeks ago when sometimes during extending my system, I sometimes got a distinct discomfort in that place like sometime was ripping within. But it would go away immidiately as soon as I rest my expand.

Thanks Jackie. It does seem to ease off after doing the stretching exercises.
Cheryl, no that doesn’t sound like the same thing, mine is just like cording so maybe it is that - but I thought you only got it in the arm/underarm.
Maybe yours is fluid build up? Yes, better to ask the consultant.
Thank you for your replies and wishing you all the best with everything. Xx

Hi - I had a rb

mx on 20th Feb. I have developed cording in my right arm, which makes stretching painful. I am also getting pains in my right rib,especially when stretching or doing too much (which by my usual standards isn’t a lot). The bcn has referred me to Physio for my arm so I will mention the pain under ribs when I go. I suspect it’s more cording. Almost 6 wks on from my op I naiivly thought I would be feeling more like normal again by now.