Pain in the bone and legs

Hi ladies, i have just started my first Tax, i have very bad pain in my legs and kness and under my feet. any ladies have had this ?

i dont know what to do
Rose x

Hi Rose

Unfortunately some people do get aches and pains in their legs because of tax. Check with your BCN/chemo unit - they should be able to prescribe painkillers to help with this.

Hope you’re doing ok apart from this.

Dx

My experience with Tax was to hit the pain hard as early as possiblr - paramol did it for me. But also to take it easy in the “breathing space” before the tax ses’kick in (was 3 days for me). But yes, tell the chemo team, they may prescribe something better for you. All the best, Mo x

Hi Rose

Had TAX no 2 on Friday and find the shooting pains hit in right about now, once the steroids have worn off. Taking co-codamol 30/500 and Zopiclone 3.75 to help me sleep. Doing OK so far… Also find hot pad to my feet good when they start hurting and remember, moisturise, moisturise!
Don’t suffer in silence. Get what you need

Laurie x

Thank you ladies, it hit me hard! i will ring them up tomorrow.

Apart from this pain i have been fine on chemo

Rose x

Morning. The bone pain does usually kick in on day four to six according to the five of us who had our first Tax three weeks ago.Take analgesics as a preventative when it first starts was the advice I was given. I have Codeine 30 mg. tramadol etc did not work.
I had my Tax on Friday and can feel the beginning of it today. It is a bit like having really bad flu for a few days. Do take your temp and just rest, and drink +++. Watch your bowels with the pain killers. They can cause more problems than the Tax!!!
It really is a B… You might find your toe and finger nails are very tender, I put a pillow at the end of the bed ti stop the duvet touching them.
The good news is that the pain only lasts a few days, then you are very tired and wobbly but the third week was fine for me.Everybody is different but I hope all goes well
Best wishes
Cackles

Hi, I had this on Taxotere, I got to the point where I was hobbling like a 100yr old lady with arthritis! It was really painful and wore me right out as couldn’t sleep either.
The Neulasta injections you have for the bone marrow can make it a lot worse, I had to stop mine after the first course because it was that bad.
I ended up on morphine.

Tell your BCN ASAP in case it gets really bad, if you can’t get up the stairs to access the toilet etc then it becomes really nasty. I had to start weeing into a bucket, I’d only try and get upstairs if I needed a Number 2, I wasn’t having THAT indignity too!

Best of luck, it’s a horrible time xx