Pain near left shoulder blade

Hi all, hoping somebody has had a similar pain and can reasure me before I yet again start going omg omg and panicking lol

Over the last few weeks I have notice a sharp pain behind my left shoulder blade, at first I didn’t notice it much but it was there, now it’s more constant but only hurts when I do certain movements (like streach above head or across chest) or press it - that always works! Has anyone else had a similar pain? Sort of hoping it’s related to Lympoedema (I have an appointment coming up to determine if I have it) as I can live with that… I made a mistake and looked at Dr. Google and Ofc there are a million and one reasons for shoulder pain some of which are not good, I know I should probably get it checked out by the Doc but being stupidly stubborn as I have had enough of docs to last me a good while yet and spread getting bad news :frowning: I know I will have to go at some point to get it checked but was really hoping I’d have no problems before my Oct holiday :frowning:

Anyone have any advice or should I just bite the bullet now? (Hate to think what this will do to my holiday insurance!)

Many thanks

Moonbeam xx

Hi Moonbeam,

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post yet. Sometimes when the forums are busy posts do get overlooked.

We would always recommend you consult your doctor if you have any health worries. You could talk it over with someone on our helpline. Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. 0808 800 6000.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Dear Moonbeam, my advice is go to your GP. I had a dilemma about a cough, post surgery. In that I kept thinking " should I bother my GP ?". Anyway, I went today and he diagnosed a chest infection, now on antibiotics. I’m so relieved. So, do the same and get yourself checked out.
good luck
Zuleika