cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain on right side after lumpectomy

2 REPLIES 2
HFK1234

Re: Pain on right side after lumpectomy

Thank you so much for your reply. It's so reassuring. I did think it was to do with the positions during surgery.

I have a vision of the surgeon kneeling on my side to try and get to the parts he needs!

H x
Helenbythesea

Re: Pain on right side after lumpectomy

I had a mastectomy in November, and had a lot of pain afterwards - keep on with the pain killers, but do ring your BCN if concerned - I did lots of times and they calm you down, and wil see you if necessary.  I ended up taking my temperature twice daily to calm myself down too.

.  Remember, your arm and body have been pulled in all directions during surgery!  They are bruised.   My armpit area is still tight, although exercises are helping that now, but some exercises you are not encouraged to do for 12weeks after the op date.

HFK1234

Pain on right side after lumpectomy

Hi

I had a lumpectomy on 9th Jan and have mostly had a good recovery.  The only thing that slightly concerns me is the paid that I'm getting on the right side of my torso - as if I've been kicked on the side of my ribs.

It's not debilitating, but if I lay on my right side in bed it hurts, or if I stretch up, it feels as if I'm being restricted.

I get pains where I had the sentinal node biopsy, the back of my arm and on the breast - sort of mild shooting pains, or numbness - which I have read about and am not concerned with.  But I haven't read anywhere about a pain on the side of the body.

Is this familiar to anyone?  I know it's early days, but I don't quite understand why I'm getting this pain.

Thanks

H x