cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain post surgery

5 REPLIES 5
nickif

Re: Pain post surgery

Thanks girls... I had it again in the night but I think it is simular to years ago when I had panic attacks, really tight pain around and in my chest. I got given co-codamol but they do send me a bit dizzy so just been on paracetamol. Maybe need to take some ibubofen as well and stagger them. It has been really painful today where I had the lump removed. Im not good at resting and probably doing too much :(... tried to be very good today though. 

Kittkatt

What were you given for pain Nicki? I was sent home with co-codamol and diclofenac which did the trick . Took each 4 hourly but staggered them so I was on an even keel with something every couple of hours . The same principle applies even if it's just paracetamol and ibuprofen - don't take it all at once and yo-yo in and out of your pain control . It's only for a few days so remember ... no awards for bravery !
Kitt
Xx
jillybee

Take them as per instructions on packet.Are you on oramorph?take any pain killers regularly,don't allow the pain get there first!!!

nickif

I am, but probably not reguarly enough and the times I have had this pain is when I am due some. Its just so sudden and painful. 

jillybee

Are you taking regular analgesia ......?????

nickif

Pain post surgery

Surgery yesterday for lumpectomy on my left boob.. Woke up at 4 am with the most horrendous pain in the chest, if I didn't feel any better I would of thought it was my heart, had to come downstrairs to scream into a cushion. Only lasted a few minutes but horrible... Just had a kip on the sofa and the same thing happened. woke up in agony.  Is this normal?