Pain/sensation after implant reconstruction

I had a mastectomy in October 2009,with immediate implant only reconstruction. Everything is ok but I still have the strangest sensations in this breast. I also have a lot of pulling and tightness in my shouder and arm on the affected side.
I am assured by my oncologist adn plastic surgeon that nothing is wrong and I am having some physiotherapy. I would really like to know if anyone else is experiencing anything similar,after the same surgery.
Thanks.

Hi, i had an mx and immediate explander implant recon, in jan 10, and the expander changed for a permenent silicone implant in dec 10.
I still struggling with tightness across my chest, and in my shoulder and armpit, especially reaching up for things.
My recon also pulls up and twitches, when i move my arm. It also goes rock hard and very painful sometimes, when iam laid down.
I have mentioned this to my surgeon, who just says its because the muscle is over the implant, and that it will get better in time, as the muscle wastes away.
Also he says alot of the tightness is due to scar tissue, which he says can be put right with surgery.
just hope hes right and that it does settle down in time.

Sharon x

Oh thank you!! I am so pleased that you have said this. I had a mx and expander implant Feb 2010 then had it replaced about a month ago. I also get the oddest sensations. It feels heavy sometimes and twitches, other times I get the same ‘drawing’ feeling as when the milk was coming in when I was breast feeding. It also feels tight and hard sometimes, especially when I’m laying down. I am SO relieved that it isn’t just me. I was beginning to worry that I was rejecting the implant or something equally horrible, and would have to have it removed. I have to say that I’m massaging the scar with bio oil like it’s going out of fashion!
I feel much better now, knowing it’s probably normal.
Val x

Thanks for your responses. It really helps to hear from others going through the same stuff.
Sometimes I just feel like I’m making a fuss, but that doesn’t stop the worries nagging away at me.
Jill x