Painful joints - worth trying a different brand maybe?

Hello, need some advice please.

I took Tamoxifen for 2 years and was switched to Anastrazole which I’ve now been on now for 8 months. The good thing is I feel like ‘me’ again and the mental fog has gone, I’m less tired and far less anxious which is all good BUT;  from the start I had painful, stiff ankles which particularly in the mornings made me hobble about like and old lady (i’m a fit, 50 year old).  Now however, most of my joints, seem to be hurting and some seem to be making a clicking noise also. :open_mouth:

I wonder if changing the brand of Anastrazole might be worth a try?  Currently I have been taking the TEVA brand.  I did read on here somewhere that some-one had tried a different brand and had more hot flushes but less bone pain but please can anyone tell me what brand they are on and what they think of it as I don’t want to make things any worse.

Could the brand make a difference do you think?

It’s such a shame as whilst I feel like me mentally, physcially my body is falling apart! :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

MM

x

Hi Mystery Mouse. I was really interested in your post. I took tamoxifen for 3 years and had very few side effects with the Teva brand. I have just started taking Anastrozole again I stuck to the Teva brand hoping it would be the same. Since I have been taking it, my brain has gone to mush. This morning I forgot to put sugar in my tea this morning and didn’t notice till I had nearly finished it! I also have joint pain and if I sit down too long my hips are really painful. I also wake up during the night with pain in my hands.I have thought of changing brand, others mention Accord which they have no problems with. My problem is I am also going through a surgical menopause so I’m not sure if my symptoms are because of this or my Teva tablets.I was going to give them a couple more weeks. I know when I started tamoxifen it did take a few changes in brands to find the right one so maybe worth a try. Let me know how you get on…xx