Palliative chemotherapy

Hi everyone, been on my weeks break from capecitabine 1800mg twice a day.the fatigue was getting me down so much sometimes just managed to get from bed to chair. Some family dont understand how I’m feeling mentally and physically and sometimes I snap, I don’t mean too!!! Blood test tomorrow then see oncologist Wednesday to start routine again.get so low at times my brain works overtime thinking too much especially negatively so hard to be positive.

Hi Angela, sorry to hear that Capecitabine is making you feel so tired.

I must admit when I started it in 2013 (I was on it for about 18 months) I really thought I wouldn’t be able to carry on with it, I felt pretty rotten. However I did get a 20% dose reduction and this really helps, maybe you can speak with your oncologist and ask the same, or at least describe how you are feeling.  There has to be a balance between how we feel and how the drug works - a dose reduction is quite usual by the way. You don’t say how long you have been on Cape but I also found I coped with it better after a few cycles then it didn’t really affect me too much other than the sore hands and feet and a few times with the big D!

Have you checked out the Capecitabine/Xeloda thread? There’s lots of ladies on here who are taking the drug now who I’m sure can help you as well.

Take care.

Nicky x

Hi Angela

Do tell your Consultant hoe you feel, I was on Cape for about 18 months. I didn’t have any problems with tiredness but my feet were very sore and I did ask for some breaks. It kept me stable all that time, I hope it works well for you too xx

Hello Angela, sorry to read you are having such a rough time at the moment. Please do check out the Xeloda/Capecitabine thread on this same board - reading back through the posts I think you might find some good advice.

Hugs and best wishes. Barton.x