Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panic

11 REPLIES 11
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Panic

oh well tomorrow is clinic day, despite my hopes that my lump would disappear it hasnt!! its been a very long 2 weeks. Im positive that i been worrying about nothing, but wish this ache under my arm would go because that is really bothering me!!
Thanks one again for comments, i will keep you all informed. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi pinkgin,

You can't blame yourself for feeling over anxious, hopefully the days leading up to your app will pass real quickly.

Try not to worry yourself to much, although i have recentley had surgery for bc, and am now having chemo, i had cysts years ago,(pea sized) which were found with an ultrsound scan, i also had a small tumor 3 years ago which was not canserous, so i know it's not much of a conselation, hopefully you will have something simple like a cyst.

Hope all goes well for you at your appointment, keep posting,
Take care Sandrae x

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow, thankyou for your responses! i really didnt expect so many replies so quick.. im probably over anxious. Thanks once again xx

Hi Pinkgin Sorry I cannot help with the a-b either like Sandra I was found on routine mammogram too. Yes urgent to us is asap, like now. Wot else can I say the waiting is the worst if you can distract yourself with nice things to do and people to do them with not easy I know when your head is all over the place with all the what ifs. Wishing you well and good luck on the day. LOL Jackie

Guest user
Not applicable

I have to agree the waiting seems to go on forever, each day longer than you expect.
I wish you well for next week
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

The waiting is the worst part, your mind goes all over the place. Totally understand how you are feeling, and wish you good luck xx
Cheryl

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pinkgin

Next week will come quickly and like you I am going for a first appointment next week so I understand your panic.

Hope all goes ok and allyour questions will be answered 🙂
Lx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pinkgin,
Sorry to hear about your worries, I can't help with the antibiotics either as my GP just did the urgent referral only with no antibiotic prescription. If I added anything else I would only be guessing so I'm not going to do that. In the mean time feel free to call in here and ask as many questions as you like we've all been ther an is the most scary place ever but the ladies here and your friends and fa,ily will get you through the next 2 weeks.
Take care
Suze xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Pinkgin

I don't think prescribing antibiotics is routine and maybe your GP had reason to think it was an infection. Even if it isn't, it doesn't necessarily mean it is breast cancer. A couple of times when I found lumps, they turned out to be fluid-filled cysts which were drained with a needle on the day of my hospital appointment. As everyone on here will agree, the waiting is truly awful, but you will get through it. Try and think positively - almost impossible, I know.

Let us know how it goes - and good luck.

Ann xxx

Hi Pinkgin
Sorry to hear you have found a lump, your mind just goes into overdrive doesn't it.
Can't help you out with the antibiotics, my lump was found via mammogram.
Perhaps your doctor thought it would do no harm to prescribe antibiotics while you were waiting for the breast clinic.
We all hate the waiting, yes we all know the urgent referrals (2weeks) for us urgent is the same day!! but that will never happen, well not on the nhs! perhaps one day, we can live in hope.
Sorry l have not been of much help, so just bumping this up in case someone can help with the antibiotics.
Let us know how you get on
Take Care
Sandra xxx

Hello pinkgin

Welcome to the forums, you've come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of information between them.

In the meantime you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000 and talk to one of our trained nurses, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00.

best wishes
June, moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Panic

I am 41 yrs old and after several months of an aching breast and underarm i discovered a lump in the upper section of my breast. i went to GP last week who made an urgent referral me to breast clinic ( urgent=2 wks), and in the meantime he prescribed antibiotics. I am now on my last day of tablets but while thay have reduced some of the hardness in my breast, they have not reduced the lump and as my appt for clinic is not till next wk i am now really worried as i was convinced that the antibiotics would reduce the lump, and the fact that it hasnt is now convincing me i could have a serious problem.
I so wish i had gone to the GP sooner. I would be interested to know if prescription of antibiotics is common while waiting for refferal, and does this mean infection is more likely the cause of lump than cancer!! thanks to anyone taking the time to read this, and apologises if i appear over-anxious but getting very worried now!