Paraben free?????

Hi There, anyone know anything about paraben free products? Have gone round the house with black bin bag and chuckd everything as I’ve convinced myself it must have been those that caused it in the first place!!!

Really need to find some hairdye and leave in conditoner that’s paraben free. Think I’ve tracked down everything I else I need. Tesco do quite a good range which is just as well because all other makes are mega bucks!!!

I’d be interested in anyone else’s comments!
Jo XX

Naturetint from Holland and Bartlett is a permanent hair dye. It’s paraben and resortinol free, comes in lots of different colours and leaves your hair in really good condition. It’s £8.99 but I just mix enough for my roots so it lasts quite a while. I wish I’d discovered it before bc- its better and more natural looking than my old hair dye!
Josie x

There are some other hair dyes if you don’t want permanent. I’d like to dye mine when it’s grown back more from chemo but I’m reluctant to use the permanent tint as I’ve heard they’re worse particularly darker colours (I need dark). I’ve attached a link which I hope works for some info I’ve found on this today. I think is allowed by BCC and I hope I’m not breaking any rules:

cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/Formulation-Science/Which-survey-questions-hair-dye-chemicals

As I understand it, although I may be wrong, some of the products sold as natural still contain some of the stronger chemicals.

I’ve also changed all my cosmetics, soaps and shampoos so they are paraben and parfum free - I had just done this anyway a few months before I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I order over the phone from a small shop in Rye in Sussex which does a range of products including face and body creams, deodorants etc. When you start looking you’ll find parabens in so many things such as handcreams, cosmetics etc. Look out for other chemicals though like phthalates which are used in loads of things and are thought to cause hormonal/reproductive changes and synthetic parfum or fragrance (found in perfumes, creams etc. My understanding is that when a product says ‘parfum’ or ‘fragrance’ it is likely to have phthalates.
I’ve found a link with some details:
mypure.co.uk/checklist.php

I found suppliers of chemical free things from the website below (which I saw on TV):
imperfectlynatural.com/
there are more out there if you search for them.

I think there is debate about some of these things with some agencies saying they are safe and others saying they aren’t. I think one of the difficulties is knowing how safe it is to use a cocktail of chemicals. To be honest it’s a bit of minefield once you start looking at all this.
Elinda x

Thank you so much for tips, am meeting hairdresser in a couple of weeks and see what she has to offer!
Jo X