Pathology results tomorrow........ Sick with worry

Hi. Post surgery 3 weeks and 3 days. Been a long wait for appointment to come through, now the day is nearly here I’m finding it hard to cope! Felt so tired yesterday, almost flu like symptoms and the tears came thick and fast last night till the early hours. Again today, fuzzy headache, tired, eyes like pee holes in snow and very fearful. Every ache or twinge I’m getting is making me worry more!.. Just need to get this next step done and onto the next stage… Praying for good results. I’ve posted my worries this weekend already but can’t remember where!?.. So confused as to which forum I should be on?.. Want to talk, going through treatment, living with,…!? Xxxx Tina

I know it’s hard to stay calm but I’m sure all your other symptoms are just stress and worry. 3 weeks is a long time to wait and I really hope you receive good news tomorrow. This whole process can only be dealt with one step at a time so  wait and see what you are faced with and then you can begin to deal with it. Just remember you are going to beat this whatever is thrown at you! Good luck , Nic xx

Oh Tina love, this is bloody horrendous and you’ve been made to wait so long for your results it’s just so unfair on you, I remember how I was at this point, absoloutly awful and I stayed in bed all day until just before we had to leave, hubby said he would carry me to the car if I didn’t get my backside up!

Anxiety is what’s making you feel so bad, not cancer it’s not spreading all over you no matter what you will be thinking right now, I felt so sick with fear I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was everywhere but of course it wasn’t and the minute I knew what was what the fear lifted for the first time in weeks, I only had a 13 day wait which was hard enough so don’t beat yourself up for feeling like you do after almost a month, it brutal and I would be letting them know tomorrow just what they have put you through, results don’t take that long and there is no excuse! 

Ive just seen on another thread about your son, my youngest recently split from his girlfriend of almost 3 years, they were living together and he’s now moved back home, it breaks your heart to see them going through this and like yours mine kept it to himself for a while as we had his brothers wedding then a holiday and he didn’t want to upset me bless his heart , he’s back being pampered by mummy now :relaxed: 

You will get through tomorrow and things will seem a little better Xx 

Hi Tina,

Getting your results is an incredibly difficult time and the way you’re feeling at the moment is perfectly normal. I can remember thinking that my sore elbow was evidence of secondary cancer, and every other ache or pain was too. Our minds do terrible things to us when we’re on edge, but this time tomorrow you’ll know for def what your treatment plan will be. Sending you big hugs and hope your results are as good as they possibly can be. Ann x x

Have sent you a pm Tina. Thinking of you Claire xxxxxxx

Sending you a big hug xx doesnt matter which bit of the forum just post xx we are here for you

Good luck for today, Tina! You’re bound to be feeling really nervous, you’ll soon be there and on the path to the next steps to recovery though. I had a long wait for results too, they cancelled my first appointment and made the new one for six days later…I was climbing the walls!

Fingers crossed for some good news, let us know how you get on.

Amanda x

Thinking of you today Tina, sissy x

Hope it went ok today, Tina. Maybe you have posted in  forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/Just-diagnosed-and-wanting-to-talk-to-people-who-understand/m-p/946357/highlight/false#M44026  

Thinking about you.

Amanda x

Me too Tina hope all went ok xxxx

Tina x I cant say much other than I am sorry and I am sending you my love and good wishes xx here if you need me

Tina - big hugs to you, this is such an awful time. I’m in a similar position although slightly ahead of you. I’ve had mastectomy with node clearance but results showed tumour much larger than MRI indicated, can’t bring myself to say how big!! I’m now waiting for another CT scan, can’t shake off thoughts it has spread. Initially told chemo not likely to be of benefit but it’s now looking like that is next step. Like you I can’t stop crying and thinking the worst, just need to keep going and trust in medical team?

Katielou x my tumour is 8cm and it has a little friend in the lymph node my CT scan was clear so hopefully knowing someone had a large tumour and all was OK may bring you some comfort x

Hi Tina,

So sorry that this has happened to you. Didn’t want to concern you, but exactly the same thing happened to me. Mine showed 1.5cm on MRI, but was 3.7 on removal meaning that I had to go back in for a second WLE to achieve clear margins. But the good news is that when they went back in, there were no more cancer cells found, so they had actually removed all the cancer the first time round, so this may well be the same for you.The problem with lobular cancer is that the cells grow rather like a spiders web from a central lump and are quite difficult for them to see on mammo and ultrasound and even MRI can’t pick up single cell chains. That’s why Lobular cancers are often bigger than ductal when first found. I’d also been told that I would only require rads after surgery, but had had to go through chemo due to the size of my tumour. It’s no picnic but so doable. Now I feel strangely comforted by the fact that I did have chemo coz I feel that I’ve done all possible to make sure it doesn’t come back. You may well be able to get your treatment in Elgin, rather than coming down to ARI too, so no long drives. Sending you a big gentle cyber hug, and remember, there are loads of us been in the same position and we’re all here for you. Take care x x Ann x x 

I’m so sorry Tina you’ve had that news, big hugs to you Xxx do you have a date for surgery?

Oh Tina im sorry it wasnt more straight forward news for you but they will sort you out, it may just take a little longer than you had hoped , its a horrendous time endlessly waiting but we are all here to try and keep your spirits up and help you throughXx Jo

Well Tina, you are having a bit of time of it! Like you, my diagnosis changed a bit after surgery. I was initially diagnosed with a 10mm invasive ductal. After WLE and sentinel node removal they didn’t think the margins were clear, it was ‘multifocal’ and it was in the node (and has sort of burst out of the node, called ‘extra capsular spread’) So then had an MRI and there is another suspicious area so I’ve opted for a mastectomy to get it all done in one go, I hope! And I have to have node clearance, too. They have always said there will be radiotherapy and then tamoxifen but are rumbling on about chemo  but that will depend on what they find in the nodes.

They also said the tumour was behaving more like a lobular cancer, too. It took me back a bit, the change in what they thought and treatment plan but I am more ready for things to change as they get more information from the surgery.

It does make you feel scared and unsettled though, and it’s so difficult to plan anything!

Amanda x

Tina xx big hug

You will be achy because you are tense and probably because you didnt sleep properly so all your muscles and joints didnt get their specfied 8 hour chill out overnight x I cant tell you not to worry x I can send you a massive virtual hug and all my love x

Tina, everyone I’ve spoken to has strange aches and pains ,usually it is our minds playing tricks on us ,when you are low or anxious it’s much more likely you are very aware of every twinge , have a couple of drinks tonight, take a deep breath and get on with getting rid of the bugger.

Take Aunties Jobey and Jilly’s advice ref the “hic” juice. Tell me what you’re having and I’ll get this round in for us all on here. “Cheers. Here’s to getting rid of the bu**er, kick it up the butt”.  We’ll be here to hold your hand in any way Tina, and to rant, sob away to as much as you want. It’s through the ether, but it’ll still reach somehow. Hope you ARE back on the breast surgery ward, at least there there will be other “similar”?  fellow  ladies to chat to before and after. Let me know if you need the “Dellys Buddy Services” whilst you’re on your own the next few days before Thursday,  or after - I’ll jump in the car to come up across or wherever you are. All the waiting around is the worst.  Left you a message on “Can’t stop crying -apols for rant”. Think i’d better put a crate of something in the car with me - what was it again??

Lotsa love darlin. Love an good wishes to you all on here too of course.Will pop in again to see how you’re all doing xx

Dellypoos xx