346148posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathology results?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Pathology results?

Hi, also after surgery they will do tests on the tissue they remove and may adjust the treatment plan accordingly.

Highlighted

Hope all goes well,I was told it was a fibroadanoma,and after further tests phylloydes because it was cellular whatever that means,my consultant is not very talkative so I am pleased I am here to talk to you all!
Shar xx
Highlighted

hi yes. After my biopsy I had to wait 9 days for the tests to be done and the multdisciplinary team to meet to discuss the results. It was only after this that I was told I had cancer, along with the stage and grade. prior to this I was simply told that the lump was suspicious and the doctor wanted the pathology results to confirm the diagnosis.

I was also told that the tumour is oestragen positive, but I have to wait another week to find out whether there are receptors to Herceptin before the doctor will confirm which drugs I will be treated with. All I know so far is I will be having chemo, surgery, tamifloxin and radiotherapy.

I am amazed with how much they can find out from my little biopsy!

I hope your wait isn't too long, or too stressful xx

Highlighted

yes pathology results will give you a much more detailed idea of what is happening down to stage and grade of any cancerous tissue that is found.   This detailed information forms the basis of the treatment plan and once they have the info the multi disciplinery team will meet to discuss the treatment they think is appropriate.   

Highlighted

Pathology results?

Hiya ladies
When we have the tests done ,mammogram,ultrasound core biopsy,we have to wait for the pathology outcome does this mean after examining our tissue they can see what sort of cancer it is,I am confused to this and wish I had asked at my visit to clinic,a friend told me they do different tests on tissue from biopsy?
Shar x