Pedicle Tram Flap

Hi there,  new to this but just wondering as to whether anyone else had a skin sparing masectomy with  immediate reconstruction pedicle tram flap ?  If so then when did you start your chemo…I have been advised by my oncologist that I cannot start until my wounds are healed…already 5 weeks this Saturday since the op and still not healed where they did the skin graft from stomach to aerola area, worried I am having to delay chemo too long as could be another 3 weeks before I am healed…Oh and anyone also had PET/CT scan after pedicle flap and how soon?? I also can’t lie flat as yet as too painful so can’t see as to whether the cancer has travelled or not as found in 2 of my Lymphs…another delay on something that I need …when can I lie flat…help :slight_smile: xx

Hi Kerrytowers, 

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear you are going through this painful time. 

I am sure some of our users will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences. I have moved your post to our Surgery board to give users more of a chance to respond.

In the meantime if you would like to talk you can call our helplineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the pain you have been experiencing and offer some information.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy