Periods after Tamoxifen

Hi Everyone

I can off Tamoxifen after 4 years in April 2009. My periods have been irregular but roughly around about each month until this month. I’ve had a period for 3 weeks now. I’m booking myself in with the G.P. to get things checked out, but wondered if anyone else had a similar experience when coming off Tamoxifen ( :frowning: not nice stuff lol) I’m 42 now.

love Jeni :slight_smile: xx

Hi Jenny,
my friend also had some heavy and prolonged bleeding after she came off of tamoxifen,it was not shown to be anything suspicious at all just a reaction to having stopped it. I do hope things settle for you and they can put your mind at rest quickly, take care, rivergirl

i have come off it after3 years as on chemo for a new primary and having majorly irregular prolonged bleeding (have a mirena in for 2 1/2 years) wasnt sure if the change was to do with the stopping the tamox or starting the chemo… seems odd as chemo usually makes you amenorrhoeic… but figure it will stop again when i go back on the tamox next year… well hoping so.

incidentally i had very prolonged heavy bleeding when i started the tamoxifen for about 6 months and that was the reason i got the mirena in in the first place.