Periods and contraception

Hi just wondering if many of you have had periods return and what didi you choose for contraception.

I am 42 and had FEC which ended last may 08 , had rads too and lumpectomy .I have had 2 periods lately so ? if they are going to be coming back ugh

I have 2 lovely children 7& 12 and not planning any more. I am still shattered from last year and coping now with working full time and housework etc etc Ha Ha.

I am thinking about sterilization but not really keen on another op, mind you i don’t really want anything hormonal either.Hubby not keen on the snip.

Best wishes to you all
Sarah66

Hi Sarah66

I had 3 FEC and 3 TAX and my periods returned with avengence! I have tranexamic acid prescribed to stop them as they were really heavy and only had 2 weeks out of 9 period free! I have been advised by my onc to either use the mimi pill or the coil that has hormones in it. I already have a coil in place so either is an option. I am triple negative so hormone contraception is ok for me.

I don’t know what type of bc you have but I have used the coil for many years and it has been ok for me.

Anita

Can’t you persuade OH to get the snip? Mine had it 2yrs ago. They don’t even need a general anaesthetic, just sedation and can come home a few hours later, it really is nothing for them. It has been a blessing not to have to worry about contraception as well as all this hideous cancer stuff.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Kinden
x