Periods returning

Hi Ladies,

I had my periods for 4 of my chemo sessions and then they stopped for 9 months. They returned last Dec and I then had another one 3 weeks later in January but nothing since.

At the time it was due in Feb I had all the symptoms but no period. Has anyone else experienced this? I was not sure whether they were just being a bit erratic or whether the two I had were the only two I was ever going to get!!!

Any advise would be much appreciated

Foxy x

Hi mine are irratic too, had periods after chemo in 08 on and off then they became fairly regular for a few months then last one was aug 09 then nothing until today !!! Recently had a blood test to check for hormone levels ? early menopause, still awaiting results. I think it is all fairly usual as things take a long time to settle down after treatment. Check with Dr they may be able to check things out.
Good luck
Sarah66 x

I started my chemo in July 07, had a period in August 07 then nothing until August 08 when I had one more. I’ve had nothing since but I have a blood test taken every 6 months a week before my oncologist checkup for him to check if I am now post menopausal. Results from the tests have been a bit erratic so he’s not sure if I am there yet but once he is sure I am, having not had a period for over 2 years and having been on Tamoxifen for two years, he will change my tablets to Aromasin or Arimidex.
Apparently Tamoxifen is preferable for pre-menopause and AIs for post-menopause (but only after 2 years on Tamoxifen).

Jo