71603members
375693posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periods starting again so many months after chemotherapy.

5 REPLIES 5
Ali_H

Re: Periods starting again so many months after chemotherapy.

KB ring the helpline if you're worried, or wondering, chat to them and see if it helps x
KB0

well today the flow is much heavier so i must have started my periods again, i did have painful boobs which was always a sign id start my period and now that ive started my boobs are back to normal. i just hope its nothing serious..

KB0

Thank you...

Ruby1

Hi KB
My periods came back about six months after chemo and they were different sometimes barely there and other times heavy and now they're pretty erratic. I was warned that they may not come back and that even if they did I'd start the menopause early and that's exactly what's happening.

Ruby xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Karen

I have put for you below the link to one of BCC's publications which might be helpful to you. Also, our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you would like to give them a call, they're here to support you. 0808 800 6000 open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/chemotherapy-breast-cancer-b...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

KB0

Periods starting again so many months after chemotherapy.

Hi all,
I just thought i'd pop on here. I don't come on here often but do occasionally have a nosy.
Basically i finished chemo way back in August last year and haven't had a period since, i thought perhaps i was going through early menapause because i do know that chemo can cause it. I am 45, so given my age i thought i must be going through it. However i have noticed just recently every month about this time i have a little show of blood. it's very,very light, It lasts for maybe a day or two then stops. I have noticed that it seems to be getting more and more, which makes me think i may be starting my periods again. Is this possible?
Is there anyone who are in the same boat and have started their periods so many months after chemo? and if so did they start really light?

Many thanks

Karen..x