Peritoneal secondaries.

Is there anyone with spread to the abdomen and bones. Not a lot mentioned about this.

Hi Su-bee, I was diagnosed with a triple neg. lobular tumour in the abdomen last September. Also two blocked glands under left arm. Had primary triple neg. in right breast in 2000. I agree not much about ‘us’ on this site. The ‘Alien’ as I call it is pressing on the ureter just below right kidney. I started on Capecitabine last October, which gave me sore hands & feet. Tumour markers started at 1,800 & by April down to 600. Had a break for a holiday and after a month markers had not risen!! So the ‘chemo - holiday’ has been extended twice, by the time I see the Onc. next Monday it will be 16th week. Just had CT & blood test. I have been feeling quite well & enjoying myself but the abdomen has expanded, so I will find out if I will be drained. Gone from size 16 skirts to size 20 since Easter. Today not done a lot but popped out to shops for an hour & returned exhausted & slept in armchair for 4hrs!! It is the sort of fatigued i experienced last Summer when GP was trying to find what I had. I do not have it in the bones, but do have an odd condition in them either born with or as a result of a massive Strep A infection 3 years ago when I nearly lost a leg at the hip.

I look forward to ‘getting together with you’, Monica

When I was first told that I had secondaries 22 months ago they told me it had spread to my bones and thst there was ‘definate shadows in the peritoneal area which is probably cancer’. When i saw the ONC for the first time I asked him what they meant by PROBABLY, is it cancer or not. His reply was that it was!!!

I started LETROZOLE that day and about 6 months later had another scan. There had been no progression in my bone mets and the report said that the peritoneal area had -“almost completely resolved”- This was still the case when I had another scan about 9 months ago. I don’t really know much about it, i did ask on here -as you have - but as you have said there is not much info about this!!

Hi Su-Bee & others,

Saw onc. today, tumour markers have risen from 600 to 894, been at 600 since a month after my 'chemo holiday started at Easter - 16 weeks ago!! He said we will wait until next appt before going back to Cape to see what the trend upwards is like, fast or slow. There is only a small amount of Ascites but there is a growing amount of fibrous tissue surrounding the lobular tumour. Kidneys are working ok but they are keeping a close eye as the ureters may become squashed. Next appt is booked for 7 weeks time. More times to visit friends, off from South Coast to Lake District for holiday soon.

Monica