Perjeta (Pertuzumab) trial for HER2+++ Anyone on this trial?

This is known as the Aphinity Trial for testing the new drug Perjeta for people with HER2+++ tumours.

I have been asked to take part in this trial. The drug is already approved for use in Europe and America for Metatistic Breast Cancer patients who are HER2+++ I assume they are now looking at it for Primary BC cases as I am stage 1, lumpectomy with clear margins, no node involvement. The drug is given as an infusion alongside the normal Herceptin infusions and normal chemo regimen.

Anyone else on this trial? I haven’t made my mind up yet!

My hospital RCH Treliske did the trials on Perjeta,They said the benefits of Perjeta were more significant than the’ve seen in any other breast cancer trial for years. and it was found to be so effective that patients participating in the clinical trials but not receiving the drug were given it as the results were so clear.I posted about Perjeta when the news first came out in december as it was being discussed on local radio.

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/undergoing-treatment-targeted-therapies/new-breast-cancer-drug-perjeta

They are hopeing once the correct paperwork has been cleared, the new drug pertuzumab (perjeta) could be available for use in early 2013 here in the UK for advanced HER2 + patients.
Im also HER2+++ but only have 6 herceptins to go, so not eligable for the trial. but if i had of been i would have def gone for it and hoped i was one of the lucky ones that got Perjeta!
Linda

P.S Sorry for the crazy text, more gremlins i think!

Thanks Linda.

I’ve read through your December thread, and have also been surfing about the internet where I found a lot of interesting information. Perjeta does indeed seem to be the new Wonder Drug for Metastatic HER2+ patients, and hopefully it will be available across the country for everyone and not subject to a Post Code Lottery that Herceptin was originally.

This Aphinity trial (phase 3) seems to be aimed at early stage primary HER2+++ patients, and so far there are no stats or any information on how effective it will be in cases like mine where there are no mets (at the moment anyway!)
What a shame this trial arrived a little too late for you to be eligible. I will be going to to the hospital to discuss what’s what when I get an appointment through, and then make my decision.

Another Linda.