Perjeta

Hi,I’m new to this forum,my mum was diagnosed in August with Breast Cancer. Her2 positive so she is going through chemotherapy currently and about to start Herceptin. I had heard of Perjeta and I wondered if any ladies on here had had it via the NHS in an adjuvant setting, after surgery and chemo had been done. Any advice re Perjeta would be great. Thanks in advance, kind regards, Fiona.

Hi Anxiousfifi - Sorry to hear you’ve found yourself on the forum on behalf of your Mum but I’m sure you’ll find lots of support.  

I was diagnosed with HER2+ cancer last May.  I started with chemo Accelerated EC x 3 and changed to Docetaxol x 4 (with Herceptin and Pertuzumab).  MX and complete lymph node removal in Sept.  Pathology Report showed complete response to chemo and targetted therapy so no cancer remaining.  Had rads end Nov x15.  Currently on 3 weekly injections of Herceptin until June this year.

Hi Jay68 thanks for your reply and glad to hear you had a complete response, really encouraging news. My mums had her operation, the Her2 was not tested until after that so she didn’t get neo-Adjuvant chemo/Herceptin, and not Perjeta either just almost finished chemo nowso I’m trying to get her the Perjeta post chemo and surgery along with remaining Herceptins as heard many positives about it. Thanks for coming back to me much appreciated and good luck with remaining Herceptins, Fiona xx

Hi anxiousfifi
news.sky.com/story/perjeta-drug-which-prolongs-lives-of-incurable-breast-cancer-patients-approved-11231015
Saw this article today and read your post. Might help.

This is what MacMillan has to say about it.
macmillan.org.uk/cancerinformation/cancertreatment/treatmenttypes/chemotherapy/combinationregimen/pertuzumabtrastuzumabdocetaxel.aspx
Hope it helps.
Pam

medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2993
This comes from another website intended for health professionals.
Hope you find out what you’re looking for and good luck with the treatment.
Pam