Picc Line being fitted

Hi Ladies

Just to let you know ive decided to go for it and im having it fitted tomorrow in readiness for round two of chemo next week. 

Im so not looking forward to tomorrow and my anxiety levels have gone into orbit, but I hope its worth it in the long run. 

xx

Don’t worry whiterose - if you’re anxious about it they’ll give you a sedative tablet (I had lorazepam) and you’ll relax and not feel a thing. It’s really worth getting a picc line, as the more treatments and blood tests you have, the worse your veins get and the harder it is to get a needle in. 

Hi Whiterose

good decision- it’s definitely worth it. I’ve just had my 2nd one fitted. I was not stressed at all about it ( I was 1st time) asI know now how easy it is. Bit sore after, so I took paracetamol and it was fine. Just in case you’re worried, I didn’t feel anything at all when the 1st one was taken out- If I hadn’t watched I wouldn’t have known it was happening.

good luck!

Thankyou maisiecake and jennifer - how long have you had yours in for? And does it take long to settle down?

Quick update - picc line not fitted as my veins kept going into spasm even though id had 10mg diazepam fir my anxiety - i did tell them yesterday to give me a pre med but they wouldnt listen so wasted everyones time and now going back on tuesday for them to have another go with me having a pre med!!! Hacked off is an understatement