1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picc line

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Picc line

Can anyone tell me what preparation they were given prior to the Picc please? I have been to the hospital today and given hibiscrub and Bactrban cream for my nose. Swabs sent today so obviously not got the results yet. All other swabs around mastectomy etc clear. The reason I am questioning it is the person who gave me the scrub said she didn't really know if the info was correct as she was didn't normally do that job, she said a pack had been left for me but they couldn't find it. The instructions for the nose cream was incorrect, so I'm not feeling overly confident at the moment. I have another appointment before the picc next weds and she advised me to ask them to confirm I'd been given all the correct info. Did any one else have to scrub head to toe twice a day for 5 days with hibiscrub ? Thanks in advance xxx

Hi, I have had my picc line in now for approx 9 weeks, I have had 3 lots of chemo. The picc line went in with no problem, didn't feel a thing and have had no problems with feeling fluid going in or anything, quite use to it being there now, good luck, I am sure you will be fine 🙂

Hello, I am new to forum. PICC line going in next week and chemo starting either same day or following day. I have read that putting hot water around area for five days will help, also my friend who went through chemo last year said that she could feel fluid going into veins: is this true, I coped ok with mastectomy op but dreading next week.

Hi Helen

My PICC line is above my elbow on the inside of my upper arm. The actual hole it goes into is the size of a cannula so they should be able to find a vein and get it in even with bruising. The build up to chemo is very scary with lots of steps but this one is a positive one which will make getting chemo easier.

Jen x

Picc line

Evening ladies. I'm having a picc line put in tomorrow in readiness for my chemo starting next week. My arm is still sore armed bruised from blood tests last week. Will they still be able to do it? I can only go in one arm as I had lymph nodes removed. Also, does it go above or below elbow? Thanks Helen xx