69771members
366468posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piclataxol Pixies - come and join in!

Re: Piclataxol Pixies - come and join in!

Hi angel falls , glad you have got your next treatment underway. I hope this one is your silver bullet. I am just starting cycle 5 of cap and things have shrunk on my lungs. I have another ct scan in a couple of weeks as I am off to Australia on weds trying away from this cold weather. Keep us updated on the new Drug . I had the sand thing with taxol , I started it in Apri and it worked fir a couple of months then in July it stopped working.

Louise

Hello, Pixies!

How are you all doing? Hope you're warm and toasty this weekend!

I'm feeling much better, but still have a horrible cough and am as tired as ever... I'm starting to think that may be down to the cancer itself, rather than the tx.

I've also finally started my next tx - I'm on Aromasin (Exemestane) plus a trial drug called Saracatinib OR a placebo (see my other thread if this may be of interest to you)! I feel ok so far, just praying that this will work as my cancer seems to be a really resistant little so-and-so!!! In the 2 months break I had between finishing Taxol and starting on this trial, the larger of the 2 tumours behind my sternum grew 2 cms, so it's 4.5 cms now, and the smaller one, which had disappeared, is over 2 cms... So we're back to where we were before Taxol - gutted! They've also decided to keep me on Zometa for a while longer in the hope it'll strengthen my sternum and prevent the cancer spreading anywhere else in the bones.

Hope you're all getting better results than me! Take care. xxx

Hi lollypop , that's great with your clear scans. I'd your cancer ER plus. ? X

hi horsie have spoke to you in a while, i was dx with lung mets in feb this year had 6 months of weekly taxol then month of now i am on tykerb instead of herceptin because of slight heart issues, and i am also on capecitabine on my 2nd cycle now feeling well and had two clear scans. hope you are feeling well xx

Christine, give yourself a pat on the back! Let us know what the pill is, I`m on tamoxifen now but don`t know how long for. The Onc did say he was hoping it would keep me stable but won`t know until I have another scan and I don`t know when that will be. He also said my tumour markers would probably go up which is a bit daunting. Always interested to find out what new treatments are out there.
I had to see GP yesterday as the shingles pain and pain from wound site was driving me mad, anyway I am now on patches for the pain and fingers crossed it is a little better today.
Good luck with the scan and hope they manage to get a vein without too much trouble. Even though I have finished Pixie Dust I still have Zometa infusions every 4 weeks and it is still `hunt the vein`.
Well a cold weekend is forecast (I hate winter) so wrap up warm all you Pixies.
Hugs,
Pam. xx

Well that's the last chemo done and dusted. CT scan tomorrow, results on 13 November when I next see Onc. When I saw him on Tuesday he told me I would be going onto a pill that hasn't been out long, unfortunately I didn't catch its name. I'll asked the chemo nurses tomorrow when I go play hunt the vein before the scan and have a cannula inserted.. Great isn't it got the portacath but can't use it for scan as the injection of iodine has to be high speed it would damage the the port. Anyway fingers crossed that the scan shows a reduction in size and no progression.
Hope Pam & Angelfalls are feeling better.
Fellow Pixies have a good weekend. Xxxx

Hi
Thanks Angelfalls & Pam for your good wishes. Yes I'm certainly looking forward to a KFC and/or a Chinese I'll decide on the day and I intend going out for a meal with my good friends who have supported me during my treatment, living on my own as I do, there help and support has meant so much to me.
Pam the pain is in my right shoulder, arm & hand. Doc reckons its where the cancer has left scar tissue on a nerve and its travelling down my arm right to my little finger. I have never known pain like it, the only way I can describe it is like I have an open wound and salt has been poured onto it! Not nice. I can't even hold a pen, never mind cut up food! Hopefully the Palliative doc on Thursday can increase the dosage and it'll socrossed, fingers crossed.
Well enough of feeling sorry for myself, I hope that you both feel better soon, it's a right b****r for you both and so unfair after what you have both been through.
Sending love and hugs xx

Angelfalls, sorry to hear about your bronchitis as if we don`t have enough to put up with.
I still feel rubbish and haven`t been out, the rash has now faded but I still have the pain and off my food which isn`t helping as I feel worn out. I was so looking forward to having a few weeks off from hospital appointments and doing my own thing and trying to be `normal` when this lurggy hit me.
Christine, good luck with your last chemo, as Angelfalls said try and get a meal out to celebrate.
Where have you got the nerve pain? I have a lot of pain at the mastectomy site but I was told it was scar tissue after having 4 operations at the same site, I still have to have dressings as it is still slightly open after it burst open 2 years ago.
Well hoping we all feel better in a few days, what we all need is a dose of warm sunshine.
Hugs to all you Pixies,
Pam. xx

Thanks, Christine. Good luck with your bloods tomorrow and congratulations on getting to the end of the Eggy Pixie Dust! Hope you're planning to celebrate... That take-away or meal out that you've been waiting so long for!

Sorry to hear they still haven't got the dose right to manage your nerve pain. Fingers crossed the next increase will be the one that brings you real relief. In the meantime, you've got the perfect excuse to sit back, relax and forget about the housew*rk - such a dirty word!!! xx

Angelfalls Sorry to hear that you've come down with Bronchitis and feeling crap that's really rotten. Hope the scan results are favourable when you get them, my fingers will be crossed for you.
Pam hope you are feeling a bit better with the shingles and that the tablets did their work.
I've my last chemo on Thursday,hurrah!!!! (as long as my bloods are ok on Tuesday!)
I'll also be seeing the Palliative doctor again on Thursday, I'm seeing him weekly at the moment cos he's put me on Pregabalin for the horrible nerve pain I've been having. Each week he increases the dosage and I've had some slight relief so far, so no doubt it'll be increased again this week. Unfortunately the cancer has damaged the nerves so deep joy it's permanent, but hopefly the pills will control the pain enough for me to get able to get on with jobs around the house and my garden!!!
Anyway time for bed me thinks, goodnight ladies sweet dreams. xx

How are you doing, Pam? Hope you're feeling better. I've gone down with bronchitis and have been feeling pretty crap, too - I've only left the house once this week and that was to go for a CT scan! Lol!

Hope all the other Pixies are doing well... Take care and stay away from the lurgy germs out there!!! xx

Hi Pixies, thanks for your wishes.
I have felt cr@p today and virtually no sleep last night, so today I have had a duvet day. I haven`t even got dressed. As well as the pain from the shingles I have had trapped wind causing pain, anyway the OH went and get me some wind-eeze but it hasn`t had much effect.
Must try and get back on the Red Wine treatment ASAP!
Hugs,
Pam.xx

Pam - Sorry to hear you've got shingles. I hope the red wine cure is doing the trick! ;o)

Forgot to say - have ordered a new kitchen, walnut hi-gloss!!!!! Pam - order the kitchen and be dammed... we are only here once and by golly have fun whilst you're here...
You sound like an ideal candidate for RFA, ask your onc about it - worth a try...
now... back to my trial.....
xxxxxxx

Hi Pixies, Laura yes I will try the Red Wine and join you in a glass in the evening. Shame about missing the lunch you`ll just have to have an extra glass of wine to make up for it.
Good to hear you are having a spending spree, nothing lifts your spirits more. I am just debating whether to have a new kitchen.
Have seen a few posts on the American site about RFA and it seems to be successful. My Onc has never said if I only have one tumour in my liver, I must ask him at my next appointment and if so ask him about RFA.
From what you say the children have settled back to life in the UK and are doing well.
Christine, yes the shingles are very painful, just hoping I will get some sleep tonight as last night was a write off. The GP has given me a high dose anti-viral 800mg, 5 times a day so hoping it kicks in soon.
Well I`ll start my trial now Laura,
Hugs,
Pam.xxx

Hi All! Pam, I can't believe after all the cr@p you've been through you now have shingles.. Have you tried the red wine diet? Tests are being done to show that it can relieve you of all soreness and itchy-ness? it's not been published in The Lancet yet, I have to do more studies, am sacrificing myself and having a glass a night, does anyone else want to join me? We could be the leaders in medicine, it shall be known as The Pixie-dust Diet.... we may even get sponsored by Echo Falls!!!!
I was due to have a slap-up lunch with a pal from Saudi Arabia ( she moved back before me) tomorrow, but No3 child had a nose bleed at swimming Club tonight and I felt copmpelled to tell Polly that she could have tomorrow off school and we can go to the doctors...( thought they may tell Social services if I didn't!!) so... no fancy-pants lunch but beans on toast with Polly... Family life is back to normal now we are back, No 1 daughter now working part-time as a waitress whilst studying physics/maths/chemistry/history A levels, no-she does not get my brains! No 2 son is happy on his X-Box and managing to just do enough work to pass all his tests, he wants to go to uni to study engineering - guess he'll blossom later! No 3 daughter just wants to be loved by "One Direction"....

I am having so much fun spending The Husband's money - our furniture is a bit dated, but as we only used our home here for holidays it wasn't worth buying new. But... I am back and making up for it. There is no recession in our part of Wales, I am single-handedly propping up all the local business's...hubby hasn't seen bank balance yet....
The treatment I am getting here is great, Dr W, my onc, looks 12 and I'm sure he isn't shaving yet, but he seems to know his stuff and happy for me to suggest treatment for myself! bless.... I had a scan after 3 cycles and although the tumour in my liver is slightly larger it said that the centre of it was dead.. having another scan after cycle 6. If it still hasn't shrunk/died by then he says I can have RFA, there is a surgeon who is more than happy to do it... Has anyone else had it?
Love to all of you, and don't forget we have this trial to do......
xxxxxxxxxx

Hello
Angelfalls good luck with the signing up for the trial tomorrow, hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones that get the real deal and it will help you.
Pam sorry to hear the you've developed Shingles, that's the pits and very painful, hope the tablets kick in soon and you get some relief.
After all we' ve been through it's about time this b***dy disease gave use break and let us have a life!!!!
Hugs, Christine x

Well after finishing Pixie-Dust 2 weeks ago and thinking I would start to feel better, I now have shingles.
I didn`t feel too good at the weekend with some backache and a stitch in my side, did the normal pain killers and hot water bottle and last night was impossible to sleep. I woke up this morning with a painful rash around my middle.
GP said sometimes this can happen after chemo, anyway he`s given me some cream and strong antiviral tablets plus pain killers.
This b***dy disease, treatments and SE`s are driving me mad!
Hugs,
Pam.xx

Hello! Good to see this thread getting busy again!

Christine - I'm doing ok, but still pretty tired nearly 7 weeks after my last dose. Most of my hair has started to grow back, except the front and sides where it fell out for a second time and there's no sign of growth there, so still using scarves and hats.

I'm going to be starting a trial which has just opened for ER+ post-menopausal women and will be on an AI plus the trial drug saracatinib (or a placebo!). I go to clinic on Wednesday to sign up, then have to have another CT scan before I can start. If anyone's interested, PM me and I can send you more details.

Horsie - Glad you're back with us! We missed you!

Hugs to all xx

Hi Horsie (Laura), Good to hear from you, I was worried something was wrong, so glad it was the internet and not you.
How is your treatment going and how do you feel?
Are you finding the NHS ok after having your other treatment abroad?
I am so tired now, can`t believe its worse now than when I was having chemo. I went for my Zometa this morning then did some shopping, had lunch then slept for 4 hours.
No doub`t some of the other Pixies will be along soon to send a message, we are so glad to see you back.
Hugs,
Pam. xx

Haya All, I am back!!!! I have had problems with my internet, I could reas all your posts but couldn't reply to them, which was very frustrating. I hope you are all Ok, Pam - glad you are a Stable Mable - I can only dream about being there!!! I have lost all my hair and the Uk isn't the country to live in when bald, I am constantly cold and wearing hats all the time. At least British Gas will have a huge increase in profits this year!!!
How are you all?

Good luck with the Tamoxifen Pam.
Glad you were able to enjoy a nice meal out with your OH. And yes you must get a takeaway for tonight. It's one of the things I'm really looking forward to, a KFC or Chinese, and of course a meal out with friends. Oh I have missed these simple things.
Angelfallls, how are you doing? Hopefully your'e not as tired, and how's the hair regrowth coming along?
Have you had any news about your next steps with treatment?
Have a good weekend,
Sending love & hugs Christine xx

Thanks Angelfalls, went out for a meal last night with OH and tomorrow we are going to my daughters for lunch, just trying to think of meals for today `maybe a take-away`to save me cooking Ha!
Yes I`m hoping the Tamoxifen does some good.
Hugs,
Pam. xx

Fabulous news, Pam! I'm so pleased for you! Now for the Tamoxifen to start shrinking things so that your next scan shows regression... Hope you're celebrating big time this weekend! xx

Christine, so glad you are nearly finished with chemo and just hope you get good results.
Fortunately I have had very little problems with nerve pain, its been mostly on the fingers of my left hand so hoping now the chemo is finished it will get easier. Fingers crossed that Progablin works for you.
So you live in Blackpool, we used to have a static caravan on a small site near Great Eccelston a number of years ago and regularly went into Blackpool to see a show or go shopping.
Have a good weekend and hope it is pain free.
Hugs,
Pam.xxx

Pam so pleased for you that the results show that all is stable, it's wonderful news. Hopefully when I have my scan when my treatment has finished I will get the same results. Had my penultimate treatment yesterday, last one on Oct 25th, can't wait!
Been a busy week really for me. As well as having treatment yesterday, I saw the Onc on Tuesday and as the Amitryptiline wasn't making any difference to the nerve pain he referred me to a Palliative Consultant Physician, who I saw on Wednesday (thanks to Mr BUPA). He has put me on Progablin an anti seizure drug that has good results with neuropathic pain. He intends monitoring me weekly but as next week is my bad week I am unable to do the journey from north of Blackpool to the North West Cancer Clinic at Blackburn, so I don't see him again until an week on Wednesday. After taking the Progablin since Wednesday night there hasn't been any noticeable improvement in the pain, but I'm hoping that as the days go on and the drug builds up in my body it will have some effect.
I'm sorry to hear about your mum, she's a grand old age & having beaten cancer twice, it's not fair that she should get dementia. It puts a major strain on you and I'm sure that it has some effect on your cancer too!
I too am a carer for mum and I know how difficult it is when you are an only child and it all falls on you, but what else can you do? My mum is 84 and she too has Secondary BC, which came back after 10 years.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, here's to a good weekend.
Sending love & hugs Christine xxx

Pinkylou, yes `Boots` tomorrow after flu jab (the needles never stop). Just hope I have as much success as you with the hair.
Pam.xx

That's fantastic news pam , brilliant , remember the boots thickening shampoo it really helped me , have a great weekend and spoil yourself xxx

Well, back from the Onc, he was really pleased with me and declared me `STABLE` Yeah! The good vibes from all you Pixies must have worked. I am now on Tamoxifen and see him again in 8 weeks.
Millykins, glad you are coping with the treatment OK. I also have infusion of Zometa every 4 weeks for my bones.
My hair got very thin but I managed to go 5 months before wearing my wig, I just treated what I had very carefully. I still have hair but in very bad condition and thin so just waiting for some growth so that I can have it styled and coloured.
Hugs to all you Pixies,
Pam.x

Hi - I know I haven't been on here much or for long but I have been reading 7 lurking !!!! but just wanted to say best of luck for tomorrow Pam - waiting for results is hard as is getting them until and unless we here good news which I sincerely hope is what you will get XXXXXXX
I have dose 5 tomorrow & so far so good - they have added bone meds as well as it is also in my bones so now I have a right old cocktail on week 1 with 3 IV meds which put me in bed for 2 days last weekend as had a reaction but apparently this only happens on the first dose - I do hope so. Only taxol tomorrow though so hope to be out a little sooner than normal - we are always the l;ast to leave normally!!! My hair was coming out really fast after 3rd dose but now that seems to have slowed down - is this normal. it is now fine but still Ok enough to go without a wig or a hat - long may it last. I expected it all to go this week but haven't lost much more - FAB. I am sure it is working too as my breathing is much much better and the nodes in my neck getting smaller - it is such a relief but i won't be truly happy til half way scan BUT I am sure i know my own body well enough to know it IS working. I reallt thought I was a gonner when ONC said it may not work. Now I have hope that I will be around for at least a while.
He described my treatment as "state of the art" as I am avastin with taxol & now zometa as well. he also mentioned testing me for a receptor related to male hormone in reference to treatment used for prostate cancer as I am triple negative & if I am positive for that it gives another treatment option. I had heard about this when first DX but didn't realise it was available as was so newly discovered - just hoping i am positive for it as it gives me more hope.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX esp to PAm XXXX

Thanks Pinkylou and Angelfalls, it means a lot as you well know. What would we all do without the support of one another.
Pam.xx

Best of luck tomorrow, Pam. I've got everything crossed for you. Big hugs xx

Thinking of you tomorrow pam sending you good vibes xxxx

Well tomorrow is D Day for my scan results so a sleepless night for me, just praying that there is no progression. I haven`t been feeling too good the last couple of weeks, odd aches and pains etc. Plus my Mum who is 96 has started with Dementia, she has overcome BC twice and been brilliant for her age until recently. I am an only child so its been hard the last few weeks, I don`t know if the stress has made me feel bad and bring the aches and pains on.
Just praying that when I see Onc tomorrow that the Pixie Dust has done its job and there is no progression.
Hugs to all you Pixies.
Pam.xx

ChristineW, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your problems with the trapped nerve, It seems all these small things are as a result of B***dy cancer. I do hope you start to feel better soon and the pain eases.
You say you manage on your own, `good on you` I don`t know how I would manage without my OH. He`s quite domesticated but hopeless at DIY etc.
Hope by the time you see the Onc on Tuesday that the pain is easier.
I managed to get through all the Pixie Dust without having a Portacath, the chemo nurses have been fantastic.
Hugs to all you Pixies.
Pam

Hi Pam, glad to hear that you’ve had your last Pixie dust, fingers crossed for your scan and that all is as good as it can be.
Not been on here for awhile due to problems with a trapped nerve (a present from Mr Cancer) which has limited my activities somewhat. Unfortunately living on my own has caused some problems but I’m very resourceful and not afraid of asking for help, even to the point of asking a passing stranger to open a can of soup for me because I couldn’t use the can opener!!!!!
Onc has put me on Amitriptyline to block the pain, but so far not had much success, I’m due to see him again next Tuesday and hopefully he can come up with something else to help me out.
Just a couple of treatments to go and have to say that having a Portacath inserted last month has been a God send, no more playing hunt the vein!!!!

Pinkylou – Good Luck with your appointment on Monday, fingers crossed for you.

Goodnight fellow Pixies, sweet dreams. xx

Hi pam , I nearly lost all my hair ,I had the last one 18th July and I now have a full head of hair and no one know . I have the chance at work to go back on rehab for 3 months as I work in a bank. It's hard to keep your mind focused , I worry about going back to work and a medication doesn't work. I see lots of women at the hospital having chest x rays and going on for an appt in gym gear and they just treat it as a way of life , I am having problems with that.

Pinkylou, good luck with your appointment on Monday and glad the Xeloda is going ok.
Did you loose all your hair? If so how long has it taken to grow to a reasonable length. Will go and buy some thickening shampoo but I had just bought some toni and Guy leave in conditioner to try and safeguard the thin hair that I still have.
My Onc was talking about putting me on Tamoxifen next even though I am postmenapausal, I have never taken this before as I was on Arimadex after my DX. He assures me that although it is mostly used for pre-menapausal it is also used for people like me, of course it will all be trial and error.
Can you try going back to work part time just to ease the boredom.
Pam.x

Ps I bought boots expert thickening shampoo and leave in conditioner and my hair is thicker than what it was before. I had a few extensions around the back and it looks good as I can tie into a pony tail and it doesn't look any different .

hi pam , I hope your scan results are good , keep me posted , I am stable on xeloda at the moment , just finishing cycle 3,I had an MRI last week of my breasts as my reoccurence in my arm pit was causing me pain, I have an appt on Monday with onc and surgeon ad they may look to remove tumour in arm pit , we will see , that's what I have wanted all along as we don't know how long these lung specs have been there and could of been there ages and been kept stable with tamoxifen, I also had an injection in my stomach on weds to stop me having a period , I am thinking about going back to work as getting depressed at home, take care everyone's x

Well last Pixie-Dust and Scan yesterday so now its the long wait until 5th Oct to find out results and what comes next.
Angelfalls, yes if only long flowing locks as soon as chemo finishes. I am hoping that by Xmas I can do without the wig.
I am also hoping that I will be fit enough to go to our Timeshare in Tenerife for a couple of weeks at the end of Jan, of course that will depend on lots of things, Onc, treatment etc. Also the extortionate cost for travel insurance if I can get it.
This thread seems to have lost a lot of people as do a lot of the other threads, and I just hope Horsie (Laura) is doing OK, she used to post nearly every day before she returned to UK.
To all you Pixies past and present, if you have a quick look in here, let us know how you are doing.
Pam.

Well, my hair had started to grow back 3 or 4 weeks before I finished tx (think I mentioned that earlier on in the thread?), but then started to fall out again 2 weeks after my final dose... What's that all about?!! Anyway it seems to have calmed down again now, but doesn't seem to be growing back yet. 😞 We're all so different though, Pam - maybe you'll have a full, flowing mane of super glossy locks a month after tx finishes... Yeah, right!!!

I was the same with the tiredness - it just really seemed to kick in in the last month or so. Hope you're also taking time for yourself.

Smiling right back at yer! 😉 xx

Angelfalls, just want to ask how you are going with the hair growing. I finally had to resort to the wig 3 or 4 weeks ago. I still have a thin covering of hair but in terrible condition but I managed nearly 5 months without the wig and just hoping I have some growth quickly after my last Pixie Dust.
I have been feeling exhausted the last couple of weeks, I think the treatment is finally catching up with me.
As I said before have a `Me Month` I know its easier said then done especially when you are exhausted.
Keep smiling!
Pam. x

Pam - Good luck with your final dose and, more importantly, with the scan results. I really hope you get great news. Your trip to the Yorkshire Dales sounds lovely - must have been good for the soul!

I'm having a very quiet time of it at the moment, as I just feel exhausted since I've finished with the Pixie Dust. No news from my onc and I suspect I won't hear anything until my appointment.

Pinky - Happy belated birthday! I hope you managed to have a good day. I'm so glad to hear that Xeloda is keeping your lung mets stable and hope that they can sort your pain soon. Good luck with the results of your MRI and with your appts.

Take care everyone! xx

Hi pinklou,a belated happy birthday.
Good luck with your appointment on the 1st, just hope they can get you sorted out and glad the xeloda has got your lung mets stable.
Let us know how you get on with the Onc.
Hugs,
Pam.x

Hi pam , hope you are ok , good luck on the 5th October. I have an appointment on the 1st october , with onc and surgeon , my lung situation is stable with xeloda but my reoccurrence in my armpit seems to be giving me pain , so I had an MRI of my breasts last week, it was my birthday yesterday 44 years , take care x

Hi Pixies, It`s gone very quiet on here lately, maybe its problems with the site or you have done with the Pixie -Dust.
One more to go and I will no longer be a Pixie, fingers crossed that my scan results on 5th Oct will show it has done its job.
I will stilll keep popping in to see how everyone is doing.
Had a lovely weekend, went up to the Yorkshire Dales to see my Son and his Wife who are having a holiday in a cottage up there. In the middle of nowhere but beautiful scenery, the cottage was out of this world with every modern appliance and lovely furnishings and a bonus of a lovely walled garden which was out of this world. I know where to go now when we want time away from everything.
Angelfalls, hope you are making the most of your month off. Any firm news on the next treatment?
To all you Pixies out there, hope your treatments are going well with not too many SE`s. Keep us updated.
Hugs to you all.
Pam.x

Hello Pixies,

Our day at the Paralympics was great, but absolutely exhausting! We saw the 5-a-side blind football - amazing! - and the wheelchair rugby, also known as murderball!! We came home on Sunday and watched the closing ceremony from the comfort of the sofa. And I didn't really move from the sofa all day yesterday... Not feeling quite so tired today, though.

Pam - Fantastic news that the Pixie Dust is still getting good results. I took Tamoxifen after my initial dx, then Arimidex after my first recurrence. It looks like I'll be going on Aromasin next. I got a couple of years out of Tamoxifen and nearly five years out of Arimidex. I hope the Tamoxifen will work well for you and for a long time.

Take care, everyone! xx

Hi Pam

Our apologies as it's the site, we are still having problems and other users have said they can't start a thread either, if you can send an email to moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk to say what you have tried and what happens when you do along with any messages you get it would help us to resolve the issue hopefully

Many thanks

Lucy

Hi Pixies
Just wondering if any of you have been put on Tamoxifen after Pixie Dust. The Onc has suggested this after I finish chemo on the 24th. Arimadex didn`t work after my Mastectomy, lymph clearance, chemo and rads, I was on it for over 2 years and the Onc said `obviously it hadn`t been working` when he gave me my secondary diagnosis.
I am Post-menapausal and believe it can be used for people like me but would be interested to hear of anyone else going down this road. Was it successful and for how long?
I have tried to post a new thread in the secondaries treatment forum but can`t seem to have any success, don`t know if I`m doing it wrong (probably) or if there is a problem with the site.
Pam. x