Playing golf and excercise following surgery and radiotherapy

Hi, I have never done a post before but I have been hunting for information and was advised this would be the best approach. I had breast cancer 11 years ago and had a mastectomy, lymph node removal, chemo and hormone therapy. Everything was fine and dandy, managed to get back to my sports, sailing, cycling and tennis and took up golf. I have now had a recurrence and am just going through chemo and will be having an operation to remove the tumour which is up near the clavicle (shoulder bone), remove some lymph nodes in the chest and then radiotherapy. My consultant has suggested that I need to give up golf and tennis as I am high risk of Lymphodema . Well my first priority is to stay alive but I am determined to find a way to play golf. Just wondered if anyone can offer advice or share experience of getting back into sport.

Hello Bubble14

Welcome to the forums, I,m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums we also have a free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Do gental chinese tai chi or chi gong will help the healing and feel nice after too x