1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! In state of panic.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Please help! In state of panic.

Hi there I'm hoping you have just had a false alarm. This is one reason why they don't routinely xray or scan after treatment unless there are symptoms etc as they often show false positives xx

Hi,
Cant help with the xray questions either, but have you tried the helpline ? i found them so good, as you say sharing fears is part of rationalising. Sending you hugs at this horrible time x x x
LL xx

If it helps I saw an episode of 24 hours in A & E where a chap had an Xray and they were concerned re shadows which they thought may be cancer.  Turned out to be nothing so try not to worry (easy to say I know). I hope everything turns out well for you.  If you can't share with your family (and I understand why) do you have a close friend who can support you?

Thank you ladies who replied. I appreciate it hugely. Just reaching out and sharing fears does help a little. I am no further forward with the scan. It feels overwhelming on top of the shock of my sister's early and tragic death and I feel I can't share it with my parents or brother as we are all grieving and still reeling from the shock. Such a horrible time. Thank you again x 

Also being a 2007 vintage, I feel for you.  My mother died three weeks before I was diagnosed so I understand that reeling sensation when too much hits you at once.  Can you try to compartmentalise it in your head?  I used to have a cry in the shower about my mum so I could then get on with the day, deal with cancer, the kids, the household, work....

hi carriemitch47

I am sending you a huge hug- it sounds so scary for you at the moment.

You and your family have had such a sad time  also with losing your sister.

Im afraid i cant help with your symptoms but just wanted to say hangon there, i hope you get some replies from peeps who know more about this.

Do you have a close friend that you can just talk to and at least air your worries to?

Keep writing on here, i know it helps

big hug winking fairy

Hi, I am really sorry to hear about your situation. Can your GP refer you for scans, or are you in a position where you can pay for a private initial consultation to hurry things up a bit. My 32 yr old son died 4 yrs ago and I know how difficult it would have been to deal with this as well. I am in very early stages of chemo treatment for inflammatory bc.
I will be praying for you in this - for your peace of mind, for your grieving for your sister, and for the results of tests. My faith has helped me through all difficulties and good times.

Hi Carriemitch,

i can't help on the X-ray question, but I sure can empathise! I too am 2007 vintage( WLE, Radiothrapy), with a recurrence in 2012, (mastectomy, LD recon), and now, following some post menopausal bleeding and urgent referral to gynae, I'm waiting for biopsy results following a hysteroscopy under GA last week. 

Waiting is terrible, any chance you can involve your BCN to speed things up?

So sorry too, to hear about your sister, your poor family deserves some better luck, so let's hope for speedy tests and a good result. 

Sending you lots of hugs 

Jojo

Please help! In state of panic.

Hello ladies. I hope someone can reply to this as I am terrified and feel as if I could go under with the fear right now. 

I li was diagnosed with bc in 2007 and have been cancer free for 8 years. My GP sent me for an X-ray as I was experiencing some mild discomfort aching and fizzing sensations in my joints on my left leg. He phoned me yesterday to say the left left leg was fine. But that two tiny areas had been found in right hip and pelvis that need further  scanning. I am completely losing it as my beloved sister only died two weeks ago aged 48 and I can't tell my parents about my own situation as they will go under. I am also desperately trying to arrange a scan but because I'm out of th system the hospital said I can go not week to see a consultant but that's not for a scan just for a chat and hen he will arrange a scan. So that's pushing it back another week. I feel I honstly can't wait two to three weeks to get a scan. I need to know I'd this is cancer. Has anyone had a shadowy spot on x ray that turned out to not be cancer? The gp did say this was possible. It also with me having cancer they were leaning more toward it being breast cancer in the bones. Thing is I have no symptoms in that leg or on that side at all. I have no pains in my legs or hips. She just said well it might be very early stages.  So I have little hope and feel in such a desperate place trying to cope with grief for my sister and feeling as if I am going to have a breakdown. Thanks to anyone who replies to me xx