Please help

I found a lump in my breast around four days ago, near the armpit, that wansn’t there a few weeks ago and I feel like it’s getting bigger every day. I was also experiencing pain in the breast I found the lump in. I’m pretty freaked out by this, since I’m only 15 and turn 16 this April. I’ve been experiencing some nausea (not a lot though, only about 2 or 3 times in the past few months). I know the chances of me having this type of cancer at such a young age are really slim, but if someone could please tell me what’s going on, I’d really appreciate it.

Hi Lucka

There maybe lots of different reasons for the lump. It could be a cyst, or an infection. Please make an appointment with your gp as soon as possible, to put your mind at rest. It is very unlikely that this is anything sinister, but the best thing is to get it checked.

Best wishes

Sue xx

Hi Lucka, my niece used to get lots of cysts when she was your age and I remember feeling a cluster of them by her arm pit , they were pretty big and would become painful during her period, now she’s in her 20’s and has had a baby they have dispersed , see your GP to help put your mind at rest but the chances of it being anything to worry about at your age are very slim Xx 

Lucka

Just to echo what Sue has said, make an appointment with your GP to get it checked out for peace of mind.  It is quite likely that it is hormonal and linked to your monthly cycle, it is very unusual for it to be anything more at your age.

xxx