Pleural effusion building up again

Hi all

BC 1991 - dx SBC in chest lymph nodes and mass on right ovary in May 2014 . I had a pleural effusion drained in August but a small amount remained at bottom of right lung. Last week my latest X-ray show new fluid appeared in last 2 weeks. I couldn’t see my normal onc but the registrar said it was in a ’pocket’ this time - does anyone know if this is treated differently?  

Also I’ve  been on Tamoxifen for 3 months which seems to have brought CA153 down (hurray) but my CA125 (ovarian) has doubled recently - had CT scans yesterday and get results on Thursday - depending on results I may have to start chemo - OH and I are realistic but clearly nervous about this outcome.  

I was blessed by having no symptoms to start with, but it’s been a bit of a downward slide since August breathlessness, fatigue and weakness, just standing makes me ache a lot. More recently have started with horrible ‘runs’ in the morning just to make the start of the day more pleasurable! Normal life is maintained sort of, just at a very slow pace now. I’m still determined to do a tiny bit of dancing - albeit I can only do a few minutes at a time - a far change from our non-stop dance festivals.  Love to all  Mx

Hello Nellgwyn

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you could call our free helpline and talk through your concerns with one of the staff who are there to support you. The number is 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday.

With best wishes

June, moderator