Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyps and Periods

4 REPLIES 4
ForumMember

Re: Polyps and Periods

Hey Normski

Glad all went well with you - have been thinking of you so good to hear from you. Its just routine that they send anything like that off for testing so sure you have no worries!! HOw you feeling? Sore?

No majic format am afraid - take each day as it comes but all in all I am doing ok considering. I am a fairly bubbly person - considering my family has had nothing but 1 big pile of poo for the past 3 years - but whats the point in wallowing. However long I have left - and hopefully it will be years - I am gonna enjoy it. Made a list of all the things I have planned until June - and there is A LOT on list!!

The people who are most important to me are being FANTASTIC - could not do this without them. Yes, there are gouls too - and am sure they care in their own way, but I know the people who really care - and thats all that matters. I have a HUGE family of unlces, aunties and tonnes of cousins - only 1 cousin has been in touch since my mets dx (thinking about it not a lot of them were after initial dx) - and that was only once. So apart from dad and one auntie - the rest can go to wherever and get on with there nice little lives. There are also people who just dont know what to say - and thats fine - but would rather they said - I dont know what to say.

With regards work, I am off sick and intend to stay that way until at least after my 1/2 way scan to see how things are progressing - or regressing hopefully - which will be end March. I am managing to fill my days quite well. Felt pretty rough with chemo the first week but have perked up last couple of days - still have some side effects but nothing bad. I get the chemo ever 3rd week.

Anyway, spose I had better jump in the shower.

You take care and stay in touch
Much Love
S
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Back in one piece so to speak. Was the last on the list and didn't go to theatre until 4.20 but do I care. All went well and although the Dr said they were benign they will have to go off for tests.

Sparkler,

How are you doing there? Have you got some magic format yet of how of how you will get through each,day/month/year? You sound like such a bubbly person but obviously you've taken a knock on the head big time . How are people reacting with you. I can imagine it's difficult for them but mostly for you. There are probably times and we've all had this, when you get the ones who don't say anything at all, and the ones who always know someone who's been there. Maybe a little badge that says either 'Yes I want to talk about it' or ' Please b*g off'. I remember when I was dx and word got around, people were phoning and calling round who I hand't spoke to for years. My OH said it was because they cared. Yes some of them it was but I felt the others were like ghouls!!!

How is treatment going? Do have Chemo every week or what as I don't know this. Please keep mailing if you get the chance. What do you do regarding work, are they good to you, I do hope so.

You take big care of yourself.

Lovvies Normski

ForumMember

Hi Normski

Just wanted to wish you all the very best for tomorrow. Will be thinking about you. Glad its 'only' polyps

Love
S
xxx

JosieR

Hi Normski

Sorry to hear about your problems. It might be worth asking if you could change from Tamoxifen to Arimidex, as this is now considered to be the "gold standard" treatment for post menopausal women.

Know what you mean about fearing the worst. I am approaching 5 years since diagnosis and it's only been in the last six months that I feel as though I have "moved on" but there are still times when anxiety creeps up on me, usually when I am least expecting it!

Good luck with the op. tomorrow.

Jo

Guest user
Not applicable

Polyps and Periods

Having beeen on Tamoxifen for the past 18 months I was horrified 6 weeks ago when I started to have a show, just like the start of a period and has continued for the past 6 weeks. I am 61 and my last period was in May 2007. I have waited a long and worrying time before I went for an ultrasound and hysteroscopy last Friday. The consultant said I had a thickening on the uterus lining which is common with Tamox , also I have 2 polyps which are attached to the lining of my womb and are causing the bleeding. He says this is quite common with Tamox. Am booked in Monday for a general to have them removed. I can't tell you though the utter relief when he said it was polyps.
Hopefully tomorrow at this time it will be all over.
Those of us with this dreadful disease cannot help but fear the worst when we get any slight pains or alterations in our bodies. However , for me at least this is a good outcome and I wish you all the same results in 2009.

Love Normski