72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive lymph nodes after chemo & surgery?

1 REPLY 1
Sam_BCC

Re: Positive lymph nodes after chemo & surgery?

Hi jos

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience you might find it helpful to talk these thoughts through with a memeber of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm. 

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

jos

Positive lymph nodes after chemo & surgery?

Hello All

Is there anyone out there in the same situation as me?

I have had six cycles of neoadjuvant chemo April to July and was told I had had an "excellent almost complete response".  My tumour (2.8 cm) pretty much disappeared and my MRI report said there was nothing showing in the lymph nodes any more.  I had a small number (2-3 they thought) of positive nodes prior to chemo.

I had surgery last week and whilst I am delighted to have achieved clear margins in the breast, I was surprised to hear that 2/14 lymph nodes removed still tested positive.  I had completely put this out of my mind after the MRI.  I suppose I was a bit shocked that the chemo had shrunk a tumour but not cleared up the nodes.  I'm now worrying like crazy that in the five months since diagnosis, some cells may have started heading from the nodes elsewhere and not been zapped by the chemo either.

Any thoughts or similar experiences gratefully received.

Many thanks

Jos