Possible Secondary Breast Cancer

I had cancer of the right breast in May 2009 followed by 6 months of chemo and 4 weeks radiotherapy.
Had one year free of any medication or problems.
In January of this year I developed cellulitis of my right breast and was treated with antibiotics. The cellulitis cleared up but unfortunately the side effects of the antibiotics left me with severe skin irritation for which I am still suffering and have developed eczema at age 65.
Last week I discovered a lump in the crease of my right breast and arm.
This morning had scan and mammogram of both breasts. The good news is that the right lump is fluid odema but the bad news is that they found a lump on my left breast and took 2 biopsies and have to wait 8 days for the results.
Can fluid from under the arm be aspirated at this stage - 2 years after surgery?

HI there, sorry you have this new worry to cope with, just bumping your thread up as its so easy for things to get lost in here, bw Nicola

Hi,
Sorry I have no answer but bumping in hopes someone who knows will see your post.
Hope the time doesn’t go too slowly for you, waiting is awful isn’t it, let us know how you get on when you can.
Good luck!
Julie

Hi Macdonald,

What a shock when you go with a problem on the bc side and then get told you probably have it in the other breast! But I don’t understand the title of your post. Why do you think you have possible 2ndary bc? You really have had a bad time with the cellulitis and the ab’s! I never heard of eczema as a side effect of them - you have really been unlucky. Are they suggesting you do have the fluid aspirated? I do know someone who developed a seroma a few years after having a reconstruction and had it drained. But if it isn’t too bad they sometimes leave it to reabsorb. Sorry if I am being a bit thick not understanding what you are asking.

Dawn
xx

Oh dear, what a disappointment. I don’t know whether this is any help at all, because of you having cellulitis. However I had to have an ultrasound recently and apparently I’ve still got evidence of resolving seroma, despite being over a year since mastectomy and end of rads. I had seromas when I started rads (and then lots of problems with the scar and nasty reaction to rads). I was told that I’ve still got resolving seromas, and that’s what the ultrasound showed. I was a bit surprised really because it feels so hard, not like fluid at all. So I’m afraid this may be completely different to your situation. Best of luck. K x