Post DIEP now a new lump on other breast

Oh Gosh, I don’t really know how to sum up how I feel. I am 11 weeks post DIEP and was feeling great. Last week I had a scheduled check up with my surgeon and mentioned that I could feel a lump on my “real” breast. We did a fine needle biopsy and the results were that the cells were abnormal, we then did a core biopsy and I am waiting for the results today.

Really hard to stay positive I am trying so hard to turn the corner and get on with living but their appear to be many stumbling blocks. Not really sure what options there are for abnormal cells other than Cancer - can it really be back so soon? I was only diagnosed last February and had my surgery, chemo, rads and still undergoing herceptin. Feel so sad, scard and cross.

Sparkle

Hi Sparkle

I just wanted to say that you may find it helpful to talk things through with one of our helpliners, they can offer you support and a ‘listening ear’, they are open from 9am until 2pm and weekdays 9am - 5pm, the number is 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Katie

You poor things - cant imagine what you are going through. I dont know what abnormal cells mean but my fingers are crossed for you.
Good luck with your results
Lisa
x