Post-Op WLE and SLNB

Had my op on Wed 20th, had two lymph nodes removed. Surgeon told me that all she knows at the mo, is that lump is invasive cancer and biopsy on sentinel lymph looked ‘provisionally’ negative. I’ve got to wait two weeks for my post-op appt with surgeon, so its back to the waiting game… which as we all know only too well… is the worst bit.
Apparently, after my op I had to stay in recovery room for long time. I found out that I had come out of theatre looking very grey. They had to check my obs every 10 mins, and at one point were ‘very concerned’ about me!
The thing is, I felt fine when I finally woke up, and totally unaware of all the kerfuffle I’d caused! Think it was due to reaction to anaesthetic, cos I also got headache later in afternoon and high blood pressure. Went home next day late afternoon. Slept from 8pm til 7.30am this morning, feel much better now, up and dressed and watching tv. Breast is swollen and sore so taking over the counter painkillers, but feel loads better than I thought I would. xx

Hi Mary, glad to hear you starting to feel a bit better now. I also had surgery on Tuesday for ILC and elected to have a theraputic mammoplastic. I was also sent home the next evening with 1 dreaded drain, although I had to go back again to the hospital the next afternoon to see doctors and BCN because the wound had been bleeding heavily overnight. Wound was clean and dressing changed and drain removed, which I have to say having that drain removed was not pleasant. Like you I am now up and about although a little tearful today. I also had two lymph nodes removed which were clear, I know I am so lucky although I am still worrying because I will not know until 12th Dec whether there were clear magins. So like you we are again playing the waiting game. x

Hello - i had wle and snb on 29 nov and i too am waiting until 12 dec for results!  Keep positive and good luck for the right result x