Did you mean: 

Post Xmas chemo starters thread

110 REPLIES 110
Pinkbaglady

Re: Post Xmas chemo starters thread

join even!!
Pinkbaglady

Can I joint the FB group please. I started my chemo at the end of January.
crystalbella

Hi im starting chemo on the 16th. Could you let me know how i join the fb page please x
Janet_BCC

Hi Peepee

I've sent you an email!

Best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Peepee

I am new and waiting for a moderator approval to send messages to her to add me, but thanks , until she sees this I'm stuck !
Brewster

If you PM katherine63 (Jane) she will be able to add you onto the FB PAGE XXX
Peepee

Hi, Started Chemo 2nd January can I join your FB group

Havenbabe

Thanks so much ladies, I've sent a PM now.

Jacqui

TT

Thanks Lucy! 😊
Lucy_BCC

Hi Maggie

Thanks for asking! PM s sorted for Jacqui too

Best wishes
Lucy

Lucy_BCC

Hi Havenbabe

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am posting a link to the BCC treatments area of the site where you will find support and information around side effects including hair loss which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Please also feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000 for further support 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

maggie59

Hi Jacqui

If you send Jane (Katherine) a private message then she will invite you to the FB group.

I'm sure that our efficient moderator will give you permission to send PMs.

Lucy, do you ever sleep? :-)))

Mx
Lucy_BCC

Hi TT and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for,you so please feel free to call to talk any concerns or queries over, lines open 9-5 weekdays ams 10-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000. ( closed BH)

Here's a link to the treatments area of the site where you will find further information and support ideas from BCC:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

You are able to send a private message now too

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

maggie59

Hi TT.
Look forward to seeing you on the FB group too. I'm sure that the moderator will give you the facility to send PMs and if you send one to Jane she will invite you.
I know what you mean about the news getting worse. Seems to happen to a lot of us.
Mine started as an easy to remove small lump which the biopsy showed had no lymph involvement. It then progressed to 4cm with the MRI and when operated on was 5.5 cm with 5 nodes affected...so it's the whole caboodle, chemo, radio then tablets. Chemo starts on 8th.
Have got my head round it now and need to get started. This waiting is the hardest...
Maggie x
TT

Thanks, Jane. Was all prepared for the chemo news but the fact that my cancer is likely advanced - not early stage as first thought - was devastating. Now looking forward to cracking on with some heavy-duty chemo!!
Havenbabe

Hi, just diagnosed 3/12/14, IDC grade 3 & looks like it could be TNBC, just waiting for last test result. Mam lost her fight in 1986 but treatment changed a lot since then. Had blood test with geneticist last week & got to wait 6 weeks for results.

Have my echo on 5th & 1st chemo on 12th. Dreading losing my hair. My lump was 25mm but can feel it has grown in last 2 weeks. It nips a little bit as well, is that normal do you think?

Would like to join FB page too please.

Thanks

Jacqui

Katherine62

Hi TT,

I klnow it feels awful at first... the bad news just seems to keep coming, but everyday you're moving closer to starting the treatment that is tailored to put you right again. Honestly, you WILL feel better once you get on the ride, however bumpy it is.

sending love

jane xx

TT

Hi everyone

Finally joined the forum today, after spending several evenings catching up on earlier posts and waiting for the kids to be out!  I would love to join the private facebook page, please, if someone can help me with that - I understand a newbie can't send pm's?

I was diagnosed with type 2 invasive lobular cancer on 22nd October (date seared into my memory!), first thought to be 15mm tumour; MRI said it was 40mm; had WLE and sentinel lymph node removal and surgery in December.  Every time I go back to the hospital the news gets worse; supposed to be having a CT scan for staging purposes and was not looking forward to any results from that.  Surgeon said both nodes came back positive and multiple margins of the lump were positive.  Met oncologist on 23rd December who told me the tumour was actually 67mm so I'm to start chemo as soon as my wound has healed and not to wait for the CT scan now.  Was managing pretty well up to that point!!  Pretty emotional Christmas but doing better now.

Anyway, glad to have found a group of ladies who'll be going through this cancer trip at the same time as me.  I have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy ride.

keepmumsane

Probably you could edit it and delete those details. Xxx
Mindymoo

Oops! Yes definitely having trouble with this forum. Have posted my details to everyone! What a numsky!!
Mindymoo

Hi I'm starting chemo in jan. Not got a date yet. Please can I join your fb page. Thinking it is a smoother, less complicated and more private way of communicating.
I was diagnosed on29/10/14
WLE 28/11/14
Think I would really benefit from being able to talk to people and share their experiences too.
Thanks
Mindy
My email
Sorry this sounds a bit formal!!
maggie59

Hi Sandie
It will be great to have you join us and agree, important to keep posting on the main threads too.
Maggie x
keepmumsane

Thank you, lost this thread in the space of an hour..nap time maybe. Messaged brewster as I saw her mention it but will pm you too.

Xxxx 

Katherine62

of course! send me a PM with your email and i'll invite you to our secret FB group

love

jane

keepmumsane

Hi ladies,  im recouperating from mastectomy pre christmas,  due to see the oncologist in january for chemo.  I am not in the uk so wasnt allowed to join young bc facebook page,  but hoping I can join you on this chemo page ..please 🙂 its hard to find chat groups.

Xxx

Hugs ladies,  if not, I' ll still be here chatting.  

Maggie1957

Hi Jane

As I said im rubbish at things liike this but looking forward to joining.

Should i send you a pm message?

Maggie
x

Katherine62

reply to this with your email maggie here and I'll invite you... and hurrah! welldone!

jane

Maggie1957

HI Jane

Ive set up a fb account could you send me the link.

Hope you had a lovely christmas
Maggie
evieg

thankyou
Lucy_BCC

Hi Evie
Don't worry, you are not doing anything wrong, new users to the forum can't send pm's straight away, I have changed your account so you should be able to now
Best wishes
Lucy BCC

evieg

Hi. Thanks for letting me join. I dont seem to be able to post Pm's at the moment. Is there something I am doing wrong? I dont see an envelope on my screen.
evieg

Hi. I dont seem to be able to send any Pm's. Am I doing something wrong. I cant see the envelope on my screen.
Evie.
Maggie1957

Hi evieg

I was dignoised on in October my journey & histology etc are very similar to you, I start chemo on 14th January, I also live in Surrey/Border area. I'm very keen to be in contact with new people who are going through the same journey as myself. If you want to send me a private message we can see whether we live close to one another.

Take care
Maggie
x
Katherine62

hi evie, if you would like to PM me here with your email address I will invite you to join our jan chemo starters page.

Just click on my name here (katherine62) and send me a message.

love jane

June_BCC

Hello Evieg

Welcome to the forums, I’m so pleased that you are finding them helpful.

Whilst waiting for replies to your post maybe you would like to give our free helpline a call where the staff can offer practical information as well as emotional support.  The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

evieg

Hi. I Just joined the forum

This my journey so far. It has all happened very quickly.

First annual mammagram on Thurs 30/10/14

Called back for core biopsy Thurs 6/11/14

Diagnoised Thurs 13/11/14

Surgery on Friday 5/12/14

grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma 16mm also 17 lymph nodes removed 7 infective all healing well now waiting Chemo FEC-T to start. Have opted for the cool cap no appointment yet.

I have found the webpage and forum very helpful it has answered alot of my questions I had and hopefully those I will have in the future.I would love to join the fb page. I live Surrey/Hants Border area.

Katherine62

Very easy Maggie.... just go to the site and they talk you through it. Easy-peasy.

Jane

Maggie1957

Hi there I am new to this forum, I was diagnoised 8/11/14 just coming to terms with everything. Ive had two operations 4th November & 25th Novembber lump was Grade2 Ductal. Had 17 nodes removed 6 were infected.
Chemotherapy starts 14th January FEC-T
Would love to join FB but I havent got an acoount at moment is it easy to set up.
I would also like to be in touch with you anyone who live Surrey/Hants Border.
Im finding the forum really helpful lots of good information. Mx
Annie25

Well done Maggie! Good news for you both - def time to enjoy Xmas and push the boat out etc etc. Am seeing onc on Wednesday ( v impressed that he works Xmas eve) for more details re chemo etc. A x
Mariena12

Thanks June, I sent jane a Pm now, Thanks to your instructions 😊
June_BCC

Hi Mariena12

To use the private message system you can do it two ways, one by clicking on the messages tab at the top right of this page (near the sign out button) this takes you to your private message area and where you can search for the user you are looking for - using their user name. 

Alternatively if you click on the icon of the user you want to send a private message to (within a thread)  this will take you into their profile and then there's a link from there for you to send a private message.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Mariena12

If I quick reply is that a Pm message, I wasn't too sure if it just went to the one person or everyone ,
Mariena12

Hi jane, I can't see where I can send a private message to send you my fab link, maybe I'm missing something here, anyone else find the same
Katherine62

Hi there... I'm afraid the only way you can join in is to have a FB page, but they are really easy to set up, you can use an alias if you want so no-one will know it's you. And NO-one wil ever know that you've joined our group. Have a think. We are all finding it really helpful positive and cheering and you can SWEAR if you want to.

love jane

MrMunch1

Hi Brewster, I'm not on FB.

Su X

Brewster

Hi there

If you PM Jane with your FB details she can add you. I am still struggling to add people, not sure why.

See you on our FB page

S x
MrMunch1

Hello Brewster, Jane, Maggie, Mariena12, Annie, Karen, Bel, Womblemum, Sam and Helen.

Can I join please?  

I am new, I've done a lot of lurking and reading, but never actively posted.  I was diagnosed in September, and for one reason or another, only saw onc last week and now have a plan.

I start chemo on 13 Jan (same as Sam), I am 3 FEC and then 3 T.  I am having PICC fitted on 8th Jan - not delighted to have it inserted so many days before treatment, but I suppose it gives me a chance to get used to it.

I feel upset about it all, as I'm sure many of us do, but I am hoping to grit my teeth and get on with it.

Su X

Salsaroja

Thanks Em - looking for a waterproof sleeve at the moment actually - another lady said she got one on prescription so will check that out next week at Dr 🙂 Karen x

emilysss

Hi

Just popping onto this thread - I actually started my chemo last week but something occurred to me today. I know a lot of people like to be prepared in advance with wigs etc, but the one thing I forgot was a cover for my picc line so I can take a decent shower!

So if you are starting after xmas and are going to have a picc line it might be wise to order now Smiley Happy

Good luck ladies - have a good Christmas.

Emxx

Brewster

Annie, Mariena, Murphy.....

Jane has now set up our January starters FB page, hope to see you all on there xxxx