Post mastectomy bras for bigger boobs

Hi ladies,
I am wondering if you can help me. I am looking for post mastectomy bras and front fastewing bras for after my surgery but am having no real luck.
I am a 36 g cup size and I can’t find anywhere they caters for my size. Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks,
Rae
X

Hi Rae, I agree post mastectomy bras in larger sizes are difficult to find but Marks and Spencer has a range available at the moment in black, nude and white at only £8.00 these are not front fastening though. I got a large front fastening one from Damart you can order on line and do have good range but sometimes the larger sizers are out of stock. I recently took part in a trial of bras from Marks and Spencers who are trying to improve their ranges for us ladies as they realise that the choice is limited. they sent me a bra free and asked for feedback on its comfort/washing ability ect so I think that M and S might be trying to extend their range but I know that doesn’t help at the moment. xx

Hi there - I know BCC used to have a leaflet about where to get bras etc from …it was great and had lots of resources on the back
I found when I had lumpectomy and lymph node clearance I needed at front fastening cos my arm very sore where lymph nodes had been removed - - but when I then went on to have MX 4 weeks later I did fine with soft sloggi top
I now get my bras at john Lewis but they often have to order them in for me in my size, also I use anita and other websites, like eloise
hope you find something
N

Have you tried Nichola Jane i love their bras

Hi raechi

Here’s the link to BCC’s publication for bras, also you might be interested in attending on of our lingerie sessions when there’s one next in your area, I’ve put the link to the area of the website where this is discussed.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/confident-choice-breast-prostheses-bras-clothes-after-surgery-bcc123

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/information-support-sessions/lingerie-evenings

Hope this helps

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi Raechi

I am a 40E and I wear Triumph Doreen bras (I particularly like the Doreen Luxury N but it only comes in white and nude now and I can’t get it in black but other Doreen bras are available in black). The bras are quite pretty but give good support. I usually order mine from Womanzone, they pocket the bra for me too. You can order the bras from other suppliers then send them to somewhere like Womanzone or Eloise and they pocket them for you.
Love
Maude xx

Hi
I am new to this site ( Diagnosed Feb this year)…I too have large boobs (36G)…Also having mx 01 Oct. Having also just had 4 fec / 4 docetaxol. I have seen larger mx bras on Nicola Jane and Eloise. Admittedly not loads of choice but there was some. I wondered if any ladies with larger breasts had reduction on remaining breast at the same time as mx. Or was there a delayed time. I have appointment with BS on 24/09 and was wondering if this was worth asking. Feel i am going to be very lobsided !!!.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated xxx

Speak to your BCN who should point you in the right direction. My hospital had a bra fitting service so you could find the right size for after op. I needed a much larger under boob size to compensate for swelling I was a 34 E butwas fitted with a 38 D. 4 weeks post Op I onLy now need a 36 D which I have adapted comfy postoperative bra with needle and cotton.
I am lopsided Sassy1 perky C cup one side and saggy E cup on the other! I had a recon at same time as MX. It is usually a year on before you can have a reduction in my case as I ,have to have chemo and everything needs to settle down.
I am disguising oddness by blouses with interesting distracting prints! If I wear a tee shirt then a comfy is stuffed on the minor side.

Hi,
Not sure which area you live in however there is a really good shop called the little bra shop in Yarm, Teeside where they do the larger cup mastectomy bra, you can find them on the internet if you are not local, I had two from there before I had my second mastectomy.

I have a red 38G mastectomy bra from Debenhams - I bought it from the website so I’m not sure if the range is generally in their shops, there are some purple and black styles as well.
Hyzenthlay
xx

Thanks all. Had the mx on tuesaday and home today, a tad lopsided. Can’t wait to get a bra on.
Rae
X