Post op and having a wobble

Hi all 

I’m 6 days post WLE and node biopsy.  Generally doing fairly well I suppose, but amazing bruising and a bit more swelling in last couple of days. Still affecting sleep etc etc.  I think everything is all probably very routine though.   

Am just feeling wobbly today.  Getting progressively more nervous about getting the results in a week or so.  I know deep down that worrying won’t help and that lots and lots more people have got it a darn sight tougher than me.  I don’t want to grumble.  Friends and family have been amazingly supportive but none of them have actually been through it and I almost wouldn’t know how to tell anyone how I feel?  I know that sounds mad in itself.  

Can someone just tell me that I’m normal (if I’ve ever been normal that is)  I think I almost need a silly night out and to have a couple of glasses of wine but in some ways that feels inappropriate?  God, I’m having a useless moment.  Or do I need a cry?  Or do I need a slap round the ear with a Wet Woman’s Weekly? 

Hi Nally

You are completely normal!

I had wle and snb in September and in between that and getting the results I was in such a state too. Imagining every possible scenario and then some. I don’t think there  is any solution, you just have to get through it. Being at home doesn’t go either, not much to distract you.

I tried to arrange as many friends to visit as  I could and tried not to talk about the results. I still remember sitting at the hospital waiting for my appointment where I would hear the  results, I was a wreck!

Hang on in there…

Mary

NORMAL !!! though a slap round your face with a womans weekly may suffice.xxx

Your post made me laugh and not feel quite so alone as I’m wobbling too…so it must be normal! Had double MX 6 days ago, they unexpectedly found a positive node and I’m awaiting news of the rest. My head really has gone to the dark side as this is NOT in the plan.

Having engaged humour and found this to be ineffective, I then blubbed (something I haven’t done properly since I was diagnosed 7 months ago). Still not working even though deemed healthy! Then confessed by text that I needed help from some of my brave and loyal chums. Bent my cousins ear and sobbed down phone and revealed what a mess this so-called inspirational woman is and feeling lighter . About to go for lunch and talk trivia. Feeling better. As shrek says “better out than in”. Use all techniques until something works. I’m going to try WWW too. Wine does work  BTW. Kids homework too but its not as much fun

X