Post op painkiller advice

I have posted in another thread but thought it warranted its own.

I am two days post op now and have really good movement in my arm with exercises going well. Pain is bearable not excrutiating at all, so I was thinking of stopping the painkillers as they are making me feel so yuck. What is everyone else’s experiences.

Rachel ?

Hi Rachel, I had a mastectomy 4 weeks ago today and my experience regarding pain is that I didn’t really have any so didn’t take any painkillers at all from leaving hospital which was Day surgery.
I think it depends on the individual tbh and I know that ladies who have had lymph nodes removed seem to be the ones who have the most discomfort … I would say, see how you go on without them if you aren’t experiencing pain, you can always start them again. Which op did you have? It’s a huge relief isn’t it, once it’s over xx

Thank you Sally Ann

I had lumpectomy and node removal following diagnosis from a core biopsy the week before. I have no idea of grade or stage yet. Although It is a huge relief knowing it’s gone, but I am finding waiting for the results and treatment plan hard.

I know it is onwards and upwards from here, but I like to be in control and I find myself a bit vulnerable and out of control at the moment.

Rachel xx

Ooh rachel, you’re sailing in the same boat as me ? I’m waiting for results … it’s the big day tomorrow actually!! I had a mastectomy on the 22nd December and the results have taken ages in coming back ? When is your next appointment? They are usually about 10 days after the op I think … if so, you haven’t long to wait xx

O Sally Ann

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I think the waiting is harder than the after op pain ?? you have had an incredibly long wait you poor thing. ?

My results are at 5.45pm on 26th January. It is engrained in my head. It is also my birthday that day, what a good day that will be ?

Take care and let me know how you get on

Rachel xxx?

Oh dates will always be a thing … MRI on my wedding anniversary last year ? xx

They will. My biopsy was on my husbands birthday ??

Had the drain taken out after my op on Christmas Day … and fainted ?

Sarah - you haven’t added the bit where you come round with your feet in the air and the Nurse still continuing to take the drain out.  Still makes me laugh.

Hahahaha silver - yep!!! Christmas Day … xx

Well, at least we will never forget these significant dates, they will burn a hole in our memories for years to come !!! ?

Keep strong Sally Ann, I will be with you all the way tomorrow xxx???