Post surgery Lumps

On 1st July i had a bengin lump taken out of my right breast. The surgeon cut around my nipple, cut the lump out and then stiched me back up with dissolvable stitches. The lump was tested again and confirmed benign. Now, 3 days post surgery i took the dressing off and started to have a feel, my breast was very lumpy and i seemed to have come out of surgery with more lumps than i had before! There was one distint lump just above where they had cut out the main lump, this felt almost identical to the lump they removed, so much so i thought they had not removed it and missed it! I returned for my post surgery check 3 weeks after the surgery and i expressed my concerns to both the nurses and the surgeon all who said this lumpiness was totally normal following surgery and can take a while to settle down if ever. I am now 6 months post surgery and all lumps have gone apart from this one just above where they removed the lump. Now they told me this is normal 6 months ago however i dont know how normal it is for this to still be there 6 months post surgery? All my family and friends are telling me this is scar tissue and its nothing to worry about. I just wondered how common this is in people who have had lumpectomy 6months post operation? I have booked a GP appointment in the next 10 days to get this checked, in my head im almost certain its scar tissue as when i was scanned i had one lump, they removed it and it was fine and this lump appeared immediately after surgery.

Hi

Ask your gp if it is possible to have an ultrasound to put your mind at rest.

Sending a hug x

Thanks for you reply, appreciate this! I’ve booked in with GP as this has bothered me since the day after my surgery. This does make me think it’s related to the surgery tho xx