Postmenopausal bleeding and more! :/ x

Hi All! Just after some advice and to see if anyone else has experienced this x

I’m a 52 year old who was diagnosed with Grade 11 invasive ductal breast cancer in October - no lymph involvement found - I had a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction in November and am well on my way to recovery - all done and dusted in just over 3 months!

At the moment though I’m in tears and absolutely worried sick - terrified to be honest!

I’m postmenopausal and not had a period for at least 5 years - but for the last year or so I’ve been having some worrying niggling symptoms:

• Period like pains/cramps on and off for the last year or so but this has settled to a dull constant ‘periody’ ache over the last 6 months
  • Also a dull aching lower back and pelvic pain 
  • Vaginal discharge for around the last 4 months (this had totally stopped with my very last period so I was surprised to see it back!)

Not surprisingly I suppose (since my BC diagnosis) these symptoms have started ringing alarm bells!

So I asked for an ultrasound months ago and eventually got one week last Friday - this showed an abnormally thickened edometrium - so the alarm bells are ringing at top volume!!

Then this morning I’ve started bleeding - not a large amount but after 5 years enough to shock!

I’m beside myself now with worry - my lovely Aunt died from uterine cancer - I know it may all be fine and I’m worrying for nothing but I have this terrible gut feeling  

I’ve only just started on letrozole so don’t think it’s that causing the bleeding - or maybe it is? Either way with all the other symptoms… I could really do with some support - advice - your own experiences - anything! xxxxx

Hi Mammycatx

I’m sorry to read you’re having a tough and worrying time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experiences do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with a memeber of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi I,ve got the same symptoms as you but have been taking tamoxifen for 2 and a half yrs. I was sent to our local gynae unit last week for a hysteroscopy after having a vaginal bleed. It was only light but Inhad all my pre meno symptoms, feeling grumpy, bloated and cramps. I hadn, t had a period for 5 yrs either I,m 56. I have to go back for a general anaesthetic to get a better view of what is going on. The consultant said it, s the meds we have to take. A lady named RevCat has a thread somewhere on here that I found v informative as I was quite worried as well. i know this sounds glib but try not to worry your body has been through a lot and it may be the letrozole. The consultant told me it could be the tam but because of the bc diagnosis Of BC we are seen within 2 weeks. I also frequent a group on facebook and a lady on there is on anastrozole and her periods have restsrted as well. Tell you what if we get a second life after this one I, m putting in a request to be a fella!!!