cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayers

belinda

Re: Prayers

Hello Lenny..and 'thank you' from me too..xx
And Hi Crispy I looked at the official site for St Bega's way after reading your post..I hope you are there as I type this.
Belinda.
x

annalou24

Thank you Lenny.

Anna x

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks Lenny, much appreciated, life is so precious

Carol xx

Lenny

hi anna and carol,

i'm not crispy but i am praying for your friends.... how unfair is life sometimes it is not the way it is supposed to be. i will pray that God gives them strength each day to carry on. nicky really glad that you are on here hope our thread will bring a step nearer to belief and it is ok to be mad at him....anna you are so not butting in... this thread is open to all. belinda you are still in my prayers.

well lots of love to all who pass by here, may the peace of God be with you,

lenny
xxxx

annalou24

Hi
please can you add my mum's friend Pat to your prayers ? She went into hospital recently with pnuemonia but while she was in, she found out that she also has ovarian cancer, which is quite advanced.

Her husband was great and really up for looking after and supporting her, but sadly he had a stroke 2 days ago and did not recover. I can't begin to imagine how awful it must be for Pat at this time.

Thank you
Anna x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Crispy, can you please pray for my neighbour Tom, his wife aged 39 died last week from a blood clot on her brain, she was being treated for leukemia and doing really well, Yvonne also leaves 2 kids aged 2 & 6.

Im still trying to get me head round ir

thanks

Carol xx

crispy

Dear all

Will post more later on but am about to go away for a few days and weather permitting am probably walking St Bega's Way. It will give me time to think and pray so would welcome prayer requests.

Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

like belinda, I am drawn to this thread, and want to thank you for your beautiful posts. I struggle with believing in a God, although this doesn't stop me being angry with him at times! Anyway, thank you, and I will keep reading.
nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Most nights I read a children's devotional with my daughter. Tonight she was encouraged to thank God for what makes her happy and tell Him what worries her. I think I may be doing the same tonight.

I'm currently reading The Cancer Directory by Dr R Daniel. She is very much in to the holistic approach and talks a lot about spiritual healing and meditation, but so far I can't find much about the prayer and support through local churches and hospital chaplainacies.

with love and prayers Wizz

Guest user
Not applicable

hi, sorry to but in i just wanted to say what a very, lovely thread.
take care all
anna

belinda

Dear Lenny, I have just sent you a PM..thank you, so much, for yours.
Belinda..xx

Lenny

dear all,

just come back from a 3 day retreat and wanted you to know that you have been in my prayers while away.
debs i missed the your latest news before i left but thank goodness God knows, so all i have to do is bring you before him. i am espcially praying for ian... such a jewel of a man that God has brought into your life to share this time with you. i believe he is closer to God than he thinks and i pray that he will be protected and given all the courage and strength he needs in these coming weeks, that God's love will surround him and every member of your family as you start this new battle.
belinda i have sent you a pm....keep on praying. i put this verse in my pm to you but having read crispys prayer i want to share it with all, it comes from the message bible,

'God's a safe-house for the battered,
a sanctuary during bad times.
The moment you arrive, you relax;
you're never sorry you knocked.' psalm 9:9,10

lots of love everyone, have a peaceful weekend,

lenny
xxxx

crispy

Dear all

Last night's prayer group started with this prayer

Lord, help me to relax
Take from me the tension
that makes peace impossible
Take from me the fears
That do not allow me to venture
take from me the worries
That blind my sight
Take from me the distress
That hides your joy.

Help me to know
THat I am with you
THat I am in your care
THat I am in your love
That you and I are One

Praying for you all this evening especially Debs.

Love Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello
just found this thread - it is wonderful. I feel very blessed just to have found it. My faith is instinctive but profound and I have read pieces tonight that have moved me to tears - as crispy says, a quiet support, and, I feel, very loving.
Belinda, you are right, Debs is a star -as are you and many others whose postings I've read tonight
xxx monica

belinda

Thank you all for the most kind and welcoming comments.
Debs I see you have been offering support and help throughout the forums today..as always but whilst you are still no doubt coming to terms with yesterday's news. Did I mention you are a star?
Belinda..x

crispy

I never cease to be surprised by the witness of this thread and the quiet support it offers.

Debs I've sent you a pm but you and Ian are very much in our prayers. May you remember the passage from Isaiah " I have held you in the palm of my hand" and I pray that you will feel held and supported at this time.

Belinda it is surprising how people turn to this thread in the quiet of the night. Remember that God is there at all times even when everyone else is asleep and you feel alone. My prayer at those times is "Be still and know that I am God". Hope it gives you the same comfort.

Take care, Love and prayers. Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Debs

I Just wanted to add my prayers for you and Ian. Praying for your treatment and for your family.

with love Pauline

horace

I want first to thank you for all your prayers for my friend.She is stable at the moment and enjoying her time at home with her family.I pray regularly and often use St Augustine's words:"Lord I believe ,help Thou my disbelief.Debs you are in my prayers always.
Valx

Guest user
Not applicable

And me, your prayers are so gratefully received. Just look what the poo dance achieved!!!!
Ian always says he is an atheist or so he has said in the past but I have caught him on this thread and he has been blown away by the wonderful messages.
They are truly valued.
Love Debsxxx

belinda

Oh thank you Julie..take care..I hope you're having a good day.
Belinda..xx

juliet66

I also would like to say that Belinda has been so very supportive to me too.

Thanks and best wishes to you,

Julie xxx

belinda

Dear Lenny, thank you for your kind words. Yes I am often drawn to this thread and was especially so last night. Yes please do pm me.
Take Care, With Love, Belinda..x

Lenny

dear belinda,

what a lovely post... your prayer will be heard and maybe you are a lot nearer to belief in God than you think. i would like to send you a pm if that's ok with you? i'm away for the next 3 days and if you don't want me too i will not be offended. you will be in my prayers from now on... your posts are always so supportive and helpful to all who read them, you are very special to this forum.

with love and prayers,

lenny
xxx

belinda

Hi Magsi and all..I was drawn to this thread tonight after reading of Debs and knowing her deep faith..it was lovely to read you had posted for prayers Magsi. I have always wanted to believe in God but there's something stopping me..I'm not sure what the something is..but my Oncologist is a committed Christian and has kept me here well past my prognosis. Tonight I pray for Debs.
With Love..x

magsi

Please remember Debs and Ian in your prayers.
Today Debs received test results which were not very good.
I've posted the link to her thread below.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/deterioration-of-this-disease-t22935s396.html

Lenny

hi eliza,

eliza good to see you here. i too continue to pray for j... that she will have peace and precious time with the ones she loves. also that she will be comfortable pain free and home soon. you are also in my prayers debs that your present treatment give you more time. I pray your treament goes better now looking lovely...

'God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea.' psalm 46:1,2

lots of love to everyone,

lenny
xxxx

Eliza

Thanks for the update, Val. I will pray along those lines and add that she can go home very soon.

I have only just found this thread!

Eliza xx

horace

just a quick update-my friend was very poorly over the weekend but is hoping to be able to go home soon,ultimately her prognosis is terminal and I ask God to give J a peaceful,pain free time with her family for as long as He wills.

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of your allergic reaction, praying that you do find an alternative. Take care.
with love
Wizz

looking_lovely

Hi all .Magsi I hope you enjoyed your walking holiday,with plenty of time to think and relax
I haven't been online cos just had a serious allergic reaction to arimidex,hope I can find alternative without sparking off another reaction As I'm out of action for a few days more time to pray for you all

Guest user
Not applicable

Praying again for Debs, your friend horace, Crispy your 'chance' encounter friends and J. I hope I have remembered everyone.

with love Pauline

Lenny

that is exactly my age and as much as i love my faith and have no problem with dying to leave my family is the worst thing i can think of. i will pray for peace for her and those who love her.... this is so not the way things are supposed to be!!

and crispy no encounter is by chance you were meant to meet those people so that we could support them with prayer...

take care everyone,

love,

lenny
xxxx

horace

Thank you I visited her yesterday and she told me she as not afraid-just sad and angry to have to leave her family.She is only 48.
Valxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
have had j in my prayers for the last couple of weeks and will add crispy's friends.
May we all gain strength from each other and our friendships.
Love Debsxxx

crispy

Dear All

Was only thinking yesterday that this thread needed bumping up. Thanks Debs for beating me to it.

Horace will pray for your friend.

Its 2 years since my diagnosis and I feel particularly grateful at this time. Whilst in the supermarket today had two chance???encounters, both with people who had been involved with my children when they were younger who have been touched by breast cancer. The first person's mother died from the disease four years ago, the second the husband of a lady who has just had a mastectomy and is awaiting a treatment plan. Both have a strong faith and would appreciate your prayers.

Love Crispy

Lenny

debs with lots of love... my prayers will never stop for you, so glad you are more comfortable now.

horace i promise to pray for your friend j and those who love her, please tell her.

with love,

lenny
xxxx

thistle

When his eye is on the sparrow
and each budding leaf that grows,
when he sends the dew each morning
and the sunshine to the rose.

You may know beyond all doubting,
in this trial you are passing through,
God cares...and every moment
He is watching over you!

Love and take care

Thistle
xx

horace

Please please pray for my friend j who,after 2 lots of bc is now terminally ill with what may be a disconnected cancer or may be mets.She was confirmed recently and your prayers would mean a lot.

Guest user
Not applicable

Just want to thank you all for the prayers they worked.
Love Debsxxx

looking_lovely

Hi Magsi,I would love to swap but really cannot stand the flight to UK,come and visit if you like,I'm in Malaysia temp is around 25 to 34 degrees c .this time of year is usually at the hotter end of the range
I miss the cold weather but I guess it does have its good points here like enjoying an evening swim in an outdoor pool,under the moonlight ,with the occasional small bat swooping down to catch an insect.the sunsets are often beautiful

magsi

hi Laptalass
Like you I have been following the thread, its so very sad, and I am, with many of the people on here, praying for them.
Renee- here's the link

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23115&p=350387#p350387

Hi looking lovely
Where do you live that is so hot that you have to be content with swimming? I may want to swap next week!

M x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi laptalass,
trying to find the post you are referring to (all too much) under which catagory. thanks
reneexx

Guest user
Not applicable

Could you all say a prayer for Norlei and Mike (See 'All too much')
Thank you.

looking_lovely

I am jealous,hadrians wall used to be my old territory,wish I could walk it now.The weather is too hot here for walking so I have to be satisfied with swimming instead

magsi

Would you believe that I have popped on here to say the very same thing, but you got here first Wizz!!!!

This time next week I am starting to walk the Hadrians Wall Path from Newcastle to Carlise.
I will be walking on my own 84 miles over 6 days staying at YHA's along the way.
I will have plenty of time to think, meditate and pray.
With that in mind it would be good to carry some specific prayer needs with me.

Please let me know if there is anything I can pray for, you can always PM me if you don't want to put it on here. Otherwise like Pauline I will pray for the people I know.

Much love
M x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I've been away for a while. Are there any more prayer requests? Otherwise I will pray for what I know.

love

Wizz

looking_lovely

thanks to you all for your prayers and support ,I have been on anti-depressants for a few weeks and they really have made a difference
I think this depression was strongly linked to tamoxifen and menopause,so stopping tamoxifen really was neccessary
I am reading the bible every day as i need the positive words in my life,most important of all I now have the will to go on and the expectation that I can manage what life sends me

crispy

Dear all

Some of you may have read my "on your bike post" and Debs reply. Thought I'd share one of the verses from today's set passage:- "teach us to use wisely all the time we have" Ps 90 v 12. Seemed to fit in with the post.

Love and prayers to you all. Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

Crispy, thank you for your prayers and the hug that was delivered today
Magsi, thank you so much and it was lovely to have you here.
To everyone, keep the faith. Thank you all for prayers and good wishes I am so grateful.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lenny, and others,

Thanks for the reply. Yup, my hubby certainly is struggling. He is currently off work with depression, but hopes to return to work soon. I'm doing ok. some of my wounds have not quite healed yet. the MRSA is hopefully gone, but not definitely as there was an odd result last week. Hoping it was a false positive, as I'd been clear for 3 weeks.

I'm finding it hard to deal with the fact that my hubby needs such a lot of care and looking after, while I am still feeling the need to be supported and cared for myself. My parents are both having difficult times at the moment with their mental health and in my mum's case physically too. If only God would give us people to worry about one at a time! At the moment it feels like we're all worrying about eachother but with no-one strong enough in themselves to be the one to lean on. I know that the answer lies in leaning on God, but it's hard in practice. Sometimes, I'm thinking so much about others and looking after them that I forget that I am supposd to be resting and recuperating myself!

Anyway, we've just come back after a nice long weekend staying with my parents, which was just what we needed. I particularly enjoyed gathering plums in the garden this morning, which involves mum flinging the garden hose up into the tree, followed by us all scrabbling around on the grass for the plentiful supply of fruit that had just fallen. It was great fun, and made me laugh, which was a blessing! May we all enjoy moments of special blessing from the Lord. He really is good!

take care all

Donna x