cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayers

782 REPLIES 782
looking_lovely

Re: Prayers

thanks to Lesley and Thistle,I managed to sleep for a few hours last night.I just have to increase my diuretics to three times a day instead of once.
even though my heart symptoms are getting under control,the basic weakness is still there and I think it is worse.I haven't even got my first appointment at cardiology clinic of the hospital,(saw cardiologist privately)and have seen my condition is quite a bit worse.I know other people have survived many years with heart failure,but think I have to recognise I am not likely to be one of them.I am not feeling particularly pessimistic but there just hasn't been much of an improvement from treatment so far

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you.

Love Anne xx

thistle

My prayers and thoughts are with looking lovely and Anne's sister friend Helen.

Love
Thistle xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

My friends sister Helen is in the final stages of bc. She is surrrounded by her loving family and is comfortable and being lovingly cared for. I know your prayers would be a great comfort to her.

Thanks Anne

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Looking lovely,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lesleyxx

looking_lovely

HI everyone,just hope you can pray for me,my heart failure is more under control now but cannot sleep.I wake up middle of the night white as a sheet and wanting to vomit..I hope I can get some treatment adjustment today
thanks

Guest user
Not applicable

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

C x

magsi

After a couple of weeks at home, Lorraine was admitted to hospital again last Sunday evening (Mothers' Day) with a blood clot on her right lung.
She is very tired at the moment.
Do pray that the doctors can sort out her blood and for some good nights sleep for her and energy.
Many thanks
Magsi x

Daisy_do

Prayers to Lorraine.

Could we also say a prayer for Doreen Desjarlais who is in the final stages of BC and also for her family and sister Gloria. May God grant a peaceful time for Doreen and with inner peace for those who remain.

Thank you everyone.

God bless you all
x

Guest user
Not applicable

thanku once again x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Lorraine
sending prayers and love
monica xx

belinda

Thinking of you, praying for you Lorraine. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

thankyou all for your prayers, our god is good i really thought id
come to the end of my fight, and me and hubby and family were soupset , i was told i was too weak for treatment and my body just would not take it, but i have come through the worst again i think and im eating a lot better now we have sorted my sore mouth out.at the moment i am demolishing all food in site, cos im taking a steriod in the morning. my potasium levels are still too high and salt levels too low, but at least they are being monitered, and if i keep improving who knows they may try more chemo.x i have a holding cross i go to sleep holding every night, it is such a comfort, and thankfully none of us will ever go through the awful pain our lord jesus did for us. x

nicky08
Community Champion

Please pray for Lorraine as her faith is so strong for her and it will mean so much. I hope she can be as peaceful as possible during the next phase of her life.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry to hear this news of Lorraine. I have read her post on the Darling Buddies thread and she is in my thoughts and prayers. Lesley xxx

belinda

Please pray for Lorraine, dear everydaymatters, she has been told today there is no more chemotherapy for her. She has posted on the Darling Buddies thread this evening. Thank you so much..xxxxx

magsi

Hi Lorraine
That really is beautiful, and as you say so true.
M x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi girls,
dont know if youll be able to access link, but this song is so beautiful, and so true. x http://www.turnbacktogod.com/he-never-sleeps-song-don-moen/

Guest user
Not applicable

hi everyone

thankyou so much for your prayers and support

i went to the hosp, i felt so weak, and had to sit waiting for so long, but eventually saw the oncologist registrar.
my mri scan results were not back but i really think god as answered my unsaid prayers.
i was so afraid of chemo again, and had asked for tablet form and theyd said it wasnt possible.
but that is what im to have, and i feel i may be able to cope with that better, because i was so ill on fec last time
my other worry was surgery, but that is not an option, so i really felt god had answered my prayers, which like i said i hadnt voiced out loud, but he knows doesnt he?
im gaining a bit of strength because im now on steriods, till chemo, and i do feel more hopefull, even though the prognosis is not too good, but with god all things are possible, who knows. only him.
praise our lord, he is good,x

Lenny

hi everydaymatters,

you may have already left for the hospital as i write, so my prayer is that you will have peace during your consultation and know that you are not alone at any stage of this, 'fear not for i am with you'.
i pray that the results will be positive and if they are not that the best plan of action will be made. more than anything i pray that you will know that you are his child and that you are loved and so important to him.that he will carry you thru' this and you will experience physically, mentally and spiritually the 'everlasting arms' that surround you.

let us know how you get on,

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

brightlight28

I am sending you good thoughts for tomorrow.
Victoria x

belinda

You are in my thoughts..With Love..x.x.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Everydaymatters

Just to let you know that I will be praying for good results for you tomorrow.

Love
Linda
X

Guest user
Not applicable

Thinking of you, my prayers are with you.

Amanda x

scottishlass

Hi everydaymatters, I will be thinking about you tomorrow when you go for your results. I know what you are going through as I have had MRI and CT Scans done fairly recently too. Hope the news is good.Sleep well. sending you love Val XX

Guest user
Not applicable

hi everyone

i go for results of mri scan on my brain tommorow, and to be told what kind of treatment is next. please could you pray for me, because im so scared. at the moment im just accepting where i am, but i do need some strength to fight the next step of this battle.
as the scripture says "put on the full armour of god", there is one thing i have noticed i have slept peacefully through the stage im at now, so maybe that is god giving me his peace. x

i pray that the new year, will see an improvement in the health of lots of people on this site, and a breakthrough in new treatments,
god bless you all x

magsi

I can only echo what Wizz says - do let us know how you get on Lorraine.

M x

Guest user
Not applicable

I do like that song.

Lorraine I will pray that you feel God's presence you tomorrow.

with love from a very cold and white Cambridgeshire.

Wizz

magsi

So good to see you back Lorraine, youv'e had a tough time.
I love the following worship song - which is basically telling us that in the midst of everything - however difficult or scary- there is God.
Praying that you will feel His presence when you go for your results on Tuesday
M x

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Guest user
Not applicable

thankyou all for your prayers, i am now home with my family once again waiting for results. but should know by tuesday, i hope and pray it doesnt mean more surgery, i dont know if i will emotionally be able to cope. thurs eve i was so exhausted and very low after id been drained i couldnt talk or anything, i just lay there praying, well putting myself into gods hands anyway, and he got me through another dreadful night, what would i do without him

for now i have to place my trust in him and hope x

magsi

Hi Lisaf and welcome,
This is a lovely place and a very safe place for us all to share our prayers, requests, thankfullness and sadness.
The thread was started by someone else some time ago and has been a source of comfort to many of us during and after our treatment.

Mx

lisaf

hi again, sorry for posting on your post, but my prayers and love is with Lorraine xx

magsi

Hi Wizz, good to see you again.

Please pray for Lorraine (everydaymatters)

She has been having a lot of problems with her tummy and had an appointment at hospital today.
She has been kept in hospital.
She is hoping that they will drain her tomorrow.
They think its ovarian cancer and are going to do a biopsy tomorrow. She has swollen lymph glands in the fluid in her tummy.
She says everything is going over her head at the moment as she is so worn out.

Mx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Magsi

Thank you for the update. At least there is a course of action to take and I agree about seeing God's hand in it.

With love and prayers

Wizz

magsi

This is what I put on our church prayer net.

Just to update you all and thank you for your prayers.

Today I received the results from surgery two weeks ago. The polyp was benign, a biopsy was done on a sample of the lining of the womb. This showed thickening, a fast growth of cells, with the potential to be pre cancerous cells. There are various options available from monitoring scans, progesterone to balance the oestrogen, more day surgery or a hysterectomy. It was suggested that with the history of breast cancer the latter option is probably the one to take. Back next week to chat further and to make a decision.

It has been so amazing how all this has been picked up. Problems I was experiencing in the summer have disappeared and don't seem related, the cyst on the scan turned out not to be a cyst but prompted a further scan, the polyp was benign but triggered the investigative surgery which found the cells.

Gods hand in it from start to finish.

M x

magsi

From Debsincornwall - taken off her thread
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/deterioration-of-this-disease-t22935s672.html

Hi everyone,
well my news is not good, as I have been so poorly my onc does not feel comfortable giving me any more chemo. I need a blood transfusion that has been sorted for Tuesday if I feel strong enough I will start chemo on Thursday. He feels the most it would give me is about 6 weeks.
The effort of yesterday has certainly taken its toll.
I have slept most of the day again.
Please pray for us to give us strength to cope with the emotional side.
My daughters are coming this weekend. Ian looks so sad.
Thank you all for the support you have given us, youu have all been wonderful.
Love Debsxxx

magsi

LOL Lenny

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Sore tummy, 3 little cuts, and off to bed now with painkillers and hot water bottle. Despite exploring all areas with camera the large scanned and measured cyst was NOT there, and to quote Doctor 'What they saw must have been your bowel'

I was trying to think of witty comments about what's the difference between a fallopian tube and a bowel? But none sprang to mind at the time - still coming round.

Anyway saw lots of colour photos of my insides and in rummaging around a polyp was found, removed and sent away.
Still going for a MRI scan on Tuesday as they think it’s a good idea, off school for 7 days - ahhhhh
Night night
Mx

Lenny

hi magsi,

i know i'm late haven't, been on for a week but join my prayers with all before me, good job it is a direct line!!

lots of love,

lenny
xxxx

magsi

Thanks everyone.
Will catch up on return
M x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Crispy,
wishing you well with the chemo India1.
Love Debsxxx

crispy

hi Magsi

Echo Debs comments in my prayers as always.

Please also pray for India1 she now has funding for her chemo and starts tomorrow.

Praying for peace for both of you.

Love Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

Magsi, you have my prayers
and a prayer of thanks too, for good news re my bone scan this week - I know I am blessed and I don't say thank you often enough xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Don't do prayer but sending love and every best wish to all

Love

Jane x

Guest user
Not applicable

Magsi you are always in my prayers.
Love Debsxxx

magsi

Hello everyone,

Back in the summer I had various gyne problems as a result of which I had a scan in September.

A cyst was found, thought at the time to be on the ovary. This was monitored, a further scan done and a blood test taken CA125 - a cancer tumor marker.

Ten days ago I received the results, blood test fine and cyst actually in the fallopian tube, quite big 8cm x 5cm x3cm but not causing any problems.
There now appears to be a very small cystic area on the wall of the uterus.

It was planned that I have an MRI scan in December then back to the consultant to discuss treatment.

It now seems I am a target patient and everything has to be done within two weeks. So no MRI, I was called for a pre op assessment two days ago and go into hospital for day surgery on Wednesday for a laparoscopy and a hystroscopy when a biopsy will done.
It will be almost two years to the day since I had a lump removed from my breast, which led to a dx of cancer and then a mastectomy etc.

So please pray for a continued sense of peace, for skill for all those involved in the op and that the suspicious area will be benign.

Many thanks,
M x

P.S. Still managed to walk Hadrian's Wall in the summer and it was absolutely brilliant.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Donna (quack),

I am so very glad to hear that you and your hubby are doing well. Do send him my best. Maybe a little Welsh magic would help him??

Jennyx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yeah good news about your husband Donna but sorry to hear of his struggle with depression. I will pray that your wound heals soon though

Please pray for an older gentleman at my church who has secondary prostate cancer. His current chemo treatment has not had the desired effect and his medical team meet on Wednesday to decide whether to continue or not.

with love and prayers Wizz

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

It's been a while... I last wrote in August. For those who've not 'met' me before, I'm Donna, 32 years old, had DCIS diagnosis this year and surgery in July - mastectomy to right breast, with immediate LD flap reconstruction (plus implant). I have healed well more or less, after an initial battle with MRSA for a few weeks. I'm pleased with the reconstruction, but still find it odd.

My wounds have all healed, except the final inch of my back wound, which, 5 months on, has still not properly healed. There was some suture material in it, which came out a few weeks ago, but it is still not healing over, despite almost every possible treatment! I may need surgery on it (with local anesth) if it contnues to refuse to heal. I'm just a bit fed up with it. but I know it's not the end of the world.

On a positive note, I have recently started a new job, home help for an old lady who lives locally, only 8 hours a week, and I love it. It's good to feel strong enough to do this and I enjoy the distraction.

You may remember that my hubby had bowel cancer last year, and has been struggling with depression. The latest is that he is still off work, but getting a lot better and hoping to return to work soon. Also, he had a scan (12 months after surgery) and we got the results last week saying he's clear. Praise God!

It finally feels that we can move on a bit and step out of the shadow of cancer, at least for the time being. Unfortunately, I've been so stressed about the results and tired out from life, that I found it hard to rejoice when I was told the results, which confused my hubby a bit. Life, eh? Sometimes we're just too tired to respond with any sort of emotion.

Anyway, I guess I'm just writing to catch up and thank people for their prayers and support. Life is still not easy, but I'm doing ok, and I certainly feel that I am on the way to a good recovery.

God bless you all!

love, Donna xxx

belinda

Hi Crispy, oh what a shame although how lovely you were able to spend the time at church. xx

crispy

Hi All

Anna and Carol your requests have been very much on my mind while I've been up in the lakes.Sometimes life does not seem fair but my prayer has echoed that of Lenny thatyour friends will be given strength day by day.

Belinda St Bega's way unfortunately will have to wait (some of the paths were flooded.) However I did spend some time near St Bega's (a church by a lake half a mile from a metaled road) that is open 24 hours for prayer. I have a picture of it that serves as a reminder that God is always on hand to listen whatever time of day or night whether to thank,moan or be angry with him.

Nicky I've sent a new PM

To everyone else may you have a peaceful night and be able to "be still and know that he is God"

Love Crispy