Prayers

Hi

Over the last year I have prayed and also had people praying for my health and my family. Most of my prayers have been answered and my faith has helped me to live with my cancer.

Would anybody like me to pray for them?

hi Ripleybn3,

yes please i woud love for you to say prayers for mn health and the health of my family. So we can keep strong and keep the love going. I would also love to hear any prayers i can say or postive thoughts.

Many Thanks

Nadia

Nadia,

I will definitely pray for you and your family. If you are interested there is a good verse in 2 Corinthians chap 1 verse 1-10.

Hi,
It has been my Faith that has held me together the past 3 months. Back last Autumn I joined a new church and they have all been fantastic with their prayer support as well as pratical help. My old Church pray regularly for me as well and I have numerous Christian friends spread all over the UK as well as abroad who have put my name on church prayer diaries so I am indeed very blessed. When I went down to theatre for my mastectomy I felt a total peace and calm about it and knew that at that moment I was being prayed for and that God was by my side.
The power of prayer is Awesome.
Diddly

Hi

I found that faith and prayer helped me to cope during the last 11 months.
I aslo found the following inspirational.

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realise it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfil it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
Mother Teresa

Love and take care
Thistle

Hello Ripleybn3

I was pleased to see this thread as I believe very firmly in the power of prayer.

Yes please I would be grateful if you would include me in your prayers .

Many thanks
Love Anthi

Hi ladies,
I wonder if some of you ladies wouldn’t mind praying for me? I was supposed to have my 2nd chemo last Tuesday but due to raised liver count they wouldn’t do it. I had an ultrasound on liver on Thursday. Please pray that all will be ok and that they will be able to go ahead with next dose on 31st August.
thanks
diddly

Hi Diddly

It will be my greatest pleasure to pray for you, and I pray your LORD sends you peace and serenity at this time and that He lays His hand on your treatment and care and that He leads you calmly and gently through this.

My chemo starts on 31st so I shall be thinking of you then

“The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”
Numbers 6: 24-26

Yes Please. My prayers are for my daughter who was a young fit, healthy, vivacious girl until this awful disease took her over. She is being very strong and optimistic despite now having secondaries ( a piece of news that nearly took the fight out of her but she pulled herself back up) and has a terrific sense of humour with an enormous smile which has got her this far and gained her many friends. I pray for her to keep being strong, keeping her smile and enabling her to fight and win this battle.
Sue

Sue

oh yes, I hear what you are saying. It always hurts even more when it is our children too. I pray for you both. I believe that we are never given more than we can handle, sometimes it feels that it is too much, but we always come through. Thinking of you

Ruth

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Couldn’t agree more.

The will of God will never lead you where the grace of god cannot keep you.

It isn’t always easy though especially where your children are involved. You will all be in my prayers.

God bless.

Christay.

I dont pray oftern but the last few months i have ,also members of my familey have also prayed, my son told me i had cost him a fortune in candels.Sister who was away in U S.on hols on the day of my op. met people who apparently also prayed for me people in general have be so careing, isnt it strange that no matter what ill be sets you there is comfort in prayer ,yes pray for me and i for you all. As it seems to have worked for me so far I will try for you too. Somebody up there loves me us there has to be a reason for suffering even if it is just a wake up call

marnie

What a lovely post to make Ripley, I would be really pleased if you prayed for me thanks.

Diddly so pleased you have settled into your new church and had so much prayer. It is amazing how christians care for one another even when they are so far apart. We are one in God.

My christian friends have been lovely to me. When i was having chemo last year they took it in turns to make our evening meal the day of my chemo so i cud rest. I got about 150 get well crads and various poems and verses of scripture.

Been to church today and they are so caring.

God Bless
Ruth

Just wanted to say that I am an atheist and a humanist and I find it very annoying when religious people say they will pray for me. I think its fine if people want to pray privately for me…thats their business and if it helps them so be it. But honestly having cancer hasn’t made me an iota more religious and I will go to my grave believing this is the one glorious wonderful life there is.

I have a few Christian, Jewish and Muslim friends but the ones who help most are the ones who respect my beliefs…and welcome a jolly good debate about them.

best wishes

Jane

Quisie and Christay
Thank you for your lovely, kind words … as you can imagine I pray daily but it is lovely to know that others are there for us too.
Sue

You are so welcome. Prayer is very important to me. I have so many Christian friends in so many places that I joke that I’m on so many prayer lists that God will get so fed up hearing my name that he’ll let me get well really quickly. I am only joking though - its certainly not meant in any kind of disrespectful way. I appreciate every single prayer and I truly believe in the power of prayer. Its great to know that others among you have similar beliefs.

God bless.

Christay

Hi everyone

I am not a believer but I sure prayed with and for my mum (who was) in the run up to her death. Not from cancer, by the way. Anyone who wants to pray is entitled and I wish I had their belief. But whatever, it won’t hurt you. I love people who pray for me.

Much love and strength to you all

Dilys

Hi All,

Just on the pray thing, I am a christian(non practicing), never go to church and have in the past been close to being an aithiest. I am very much the type of person if it isnt in front of me well it cant be true…

So, moving on, my OH family are all catholic(they dont push it in peoples faces) and are very nice people who attend church regularlry. My OH mum and nan have bought me rosary beads(from St Peters Cathedral in Rome) which again not knowing what the rosary is, I have been told its a prayer they say for each bead on the rosary chain??

Anyhow, my OH nan went to church and all the ladies at church said the rosary for me, which just blew me away because these people dont even know me yet they take there time and pray for me. I found this extremley comforting and now take these beads with me to every hospital appointment as i feel they give me comfort.

They do not want to convert me, they beleive in there faith, they know I have my own and I am happy because I take comfort from that.

Lynne

boosting this post to the forefront

Prayer is a central part of my life.

Emily
xxx

Also for me Emily,

From the day I found the lump and throughout my treatment people have been praying for me. This has been a great source of encouragement and support and rather humbling in a way - that so many people care. I have really valued it and continue to do so.
I belong to quite a large church with a ‘prayernet’ ( i.e. can Email in prayers / requests and of course answers to prayers and they are sent out to all members of the church on Email, which is also a great way of keeping everyone informed)

Magsi x