69.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Op Assessment today and told i have a heart murmur!! - what next??

4 REPLIES 4
sazza38

Re: Pre Op Assessment today and told i have a heart murmur!! - what next??

Sandra
The saying everything comes in three's well hoping that's the case cause that's my third!
The good thing is they mustnt think y our heart murmur will have any effect on your surgery like the didnt with me so whilst your waiting for further investigation things can still move on!
My dad says things happen for a reason, not sure purpose of breast cancer to find out about it was the best way but sure they're something in it somewhere! - I've lived 38 yrs without it bothering me!

Hope all goes well for Thursday - let us know how it goes xx
missmore

Hi Sandra hope all goes well on Thursday x keep me posted I'm almost two weeks after my surgery can give you tips on undies etc x
SARN66

Thanks Sazza38,

Glad I'm not alone, I suppose I should be grateful that the dr was thorough and found the murmur, better to be aware now and have it investigated.  Like you I am beginning to think it's all or nothing for me this year!!

Will pick myself back up and carry on, bring on the op on Thurs and hope no more surprises!

Hope all goes okay with you

Sandra

sazza38

Hi sarn
I was diagnosised with a faulty left heart valve after my original diagnosis.
If it hadn't have been for me going on the herceptin trial I would have been none the wiser! ( now can't go in altho will still have herceptin)
Had to have echo, ultrasound and had an Mir scan on my heart on Wednesday.
I've seen a cardiologist who referred me - she said as it hasn't affected me all this time ( I'm 38) if it wasn't for me having breast cancer she wouldn't need have any concerns and would have seen me in 12 months to check everything okay.
They're wanting to check it out as some chemo can effect the heart function - I've come to the conclusion I just can't do anything by halves! X
SARN66

Pre Op Assessment today and told i have a heart murmur!! - what next??

Finding it hard to believe that after being diagnosed with bc 5 weeks ago I am now hit with the fact that I have a heart murmur, my op can still go ahead but I will have to be referred by my gp to have an echocardiogram in a few weeks time.  Anyone else have a heart murmur or been diagnosed with one during bc treatment??  

More character building???