Pregnant after tamoxifen and zoladex!

Hi, dont think i am posting on the correct forum here, but just wondering if anyone can help me!! I was diagnosed July 2009, had lumpectomy, chemo, radio and i am now on tamoxifen and zoladex. I am just wondering if anyone has any info on when i could start thinking about starting a family?? I have been told to take zoladex for 2 years and maybe come off tamoxifen after the 2 years also. Has anyone else out there came off tamoxifen or zoladex early to start a family? I wouldnt mind coming off them for 1 year to get pregnant and then going back on them?? Any help or info much appreciated!! :slight_smile:

Hi just married

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their experience and knowledge you may find it helpful to talk things through with one of the trained members of staff on the helpline. Here you can share your concerns and feelings with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as information if required.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi there I had a pregnancy after 4 years on tamoxifen and then went back on it again. If you go to the cancer research site it does say on there that it doesnt effect risk of reccurence, but obviously I think they tell you to wait 2 years before you try. A lot of it depends on the type of cancer you have.But there are quite a few ladies on here that have had babies after cancer and during treatment best of luck suzan.

Hi Just married,

I was dx on Oct 08, at the same time my husband and I were accepted for IVF to help us conceive. My tumor was ER+. I was put on tamoxifen for 2 years, with view to trying for family after 2 years was up. I came off the tamoxifen after 1 year due to side effects, but have waited the 2 years now. We are back at the IVF clinic with big decisions to make. I made sure all of the medical team knew of our intentions to have a family and they have been great. I intend to try tamoxifen again should we have family.

Hello

I didn’t take tamoxifen at all after my ER/PR+ diagnosis as we wanted to start a family. We now have two lovely girls, more than 6 years after my diagnosis. Unfortunately I did have a recurrence with the second pregnancy.

I think it’s a case of balancing the risks against what you want out of life. We went for it and weren’t entirely lucky, but we are trying to view the situation as delayed treatment: now we have two children, I’m having all the treatment on offer to me.

Good luck with your decision - I wish you a happy, healthy family. xxx