Pregnant after therapies

There is someone whot got pregnant after the traetment? that is my biggest dream… my doctor told me that next year ( when I’ll finish hormone therapy) i can follow my dream…but I would like to compare myself with anyone who has had this kind of experience…

Hello Laura79
It depends on your age and if you menstruate regularly after your treatment. I was 26 when i had BC i had several months of treatment surgery chemo and radiotherapy.
My periods returned to normal the following month. I waited a few years to be sure that the cancer wouldnt return. my hubby and i went for it. I was 32 when i had my son now 21/2 and i also have a 3 month old son. There is hope if you have age on your side…
Good luck

Hi!

I’m hoping to have a break from Tamxifen this year to try for children. There are a couple of women in the Younger Breast Cancer Network (facebook.com/ManchesterYoungerWomensBreastCancerNetwork)) who have got pregnant after chemo etc. It really gives me hope.

I’m not sure I’m ready for the inevitable rollercoaster of emotions it will undoubtedly be if/when I am able to stary having tests and trying - but it is all I long for…

Fingers crossed for all of us.

x

Getting pregnant is always a great experience for every women. This treatment will really help many women who are trying to get pregnant.

ZiBzab, thanks so much for posting and congratulations. I’m 44 (3 yrs into treatment) and that is so encouraging to hear it has worked out for you. I have eggs on freeze but was being encouraged to break and try (not right circumstances) then the fertility person today said he’d prefer I wait til I’m 46 and off treatment. Very encouraging to hear things happened of their own. :slight_smile: